How to fix Kontakt 7 Installation failed error in Windows 11

Options
frankbriamusic
frankbriamusic Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I'm trying to update my Kontakt 7 installation. When I click update in Native Access, I get Installation failed" error - with no other information. I have uninstalled Kontakt 7, run the uninstall registry cleaner (which no longer finds Kontakt 7 in the list), but nothing changes.

I run Windows 11 Pro with Intel i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz and 64.0GB RAM

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 10,450 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Did you restart Native Access after the uninstallation of Kontakt? Please do so, if Kontakt is still not showing as a product to install, even after pushing the refresh button, here is the installer: Kontakt 7.5.2 for Windows

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 10,450 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Did you restart Native Access after the uninstallation of Kontakt? Please do so, if Kontakt is still not showing as a product to install, even after pushing the refresh button, here is the installer: Kontakt 7.5.2 for Windows

• frankbriamusic
    frankbriamusic Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I did. But the installer worked directly. Thank you.

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 246 Advisor
    Options

I'm having the same problem with win 10 pro

Native access is behaving very oddly.

I've uninstalled and re-installed Native Access, I launch it, sometimes it launches correctly, sometimes it goes into setup mode and wants to try and install dependences, originally I let it try, just said they were takinig longer than normal.

Now, I can reboot PC, sometimes it starts properly first time

Sometimes for 2 or 3 (or more) times it will ask me if I'm ok with letting it install dependencies (cant remember the exact windows message) , each time I chose NO and close the program from the task bar, then open it again.

Can do this 2 or more times before finally it starts correctly straight away, as I'm neve3rf letting it run setup and install dependancies, this is very odd behaviour.

Anyway, everything updates fine except Kontakt 7 which fails the second I try to start it, just like in the first post.

Everything else installed fine, only thing i didn't install was v3 of komplete as while I have maschine mk3, I still have mk1 S61

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 246 Advisor
    Options

They gave me a direct link to download latest kontakt 7, that installed fine