Ask me anything: X1 MK3

Options

Comments

• Casper's Kitchen
    Casper's Kitchen Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

As i mainly use a Px5 the ower & MIDI over ethernet would be important to me. But you are right, the K2 could need an update in terms of MIDI output per button not per section. Don#t know if its possible with a firmware update. Anyway, i preordered the X1mk3 :D

• oghersi
    oghersi Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Great design! My question has to do with the mixer mode. Does it allow for the mapping of mixer effects within that mode? Additionally, can or will the encoders and buttons be repurposed when instant stems come along?

Keep launching new HW!

Oscar

• ilove1981
    ilove1981 Member Posts: 48 Helper
    Options

I'm super happy that NI are releasing a new Traktor controller. I can't lie, I was hoping for an updated Z2 (or even a Z4) to replace my ageing Z2 in my DVS setup. Nevertheless, I'll buy the new X1 Mk3. Couple of questions, if I may:

1) If this is meant to be modular - and by that, we hope there will be associated mixer (Z1) and remix/stems controller (F1) too - how is the underside lighting supposed to work? I love having my X1-Z1-F1 adjacent to each other for small gigs and other events where I have very limited space.

2) I'd like to have the option to raise this to standard mixer height. I love my Kontrol Stands when using an X1 or F1 adjacent to a full height (e.g. Z2) mixer. Will there be something available for the new X1Mk3?

Thanks // Martin

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    Options

I’m sure there is more coming. All this time for a new HW just to have a revamped already existing controller? I’m sure they have at least revamped all the devices…

• Fab74
    Fab74 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

We need an UPDATE to be abble to load those 2 FX : Noise and Dual Delay

They are to very useful FX and it's not possible yet, I don't understand why..

• David Lane
    David Lane Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

For anyone wondering if they are going to fit in the old bags…no it’s considerably larger. This guy has it side by side with the mk2. Too big to fit in my backpack for travelling with for sure. I’ll be sticking with the existing models thank you. https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cwnn7n6symL/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• tibq67
    tibq67 Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

how will it work with previous version x1mk2 and Z2? Has this new controller also gained better integration using the fx unit while simultaneously setting up and using an analog vinyl mix? if so, which one? I currently use the connection and integration of the Z2 and x1mk2 when mixing from vinyl where I either use 2x vynil mix and 2x unit x1mk2 via Traktor Pro or x1mk2 as an effect path for live mixes from vinyl

• Brian J.
    Brian J. Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Can the new X1MK3 control the mixer FXs? I can’t find this information anywhere…

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,848 mod
    Options

I don't see it. And i believe there would have been mention of it.

• DJ WIKKI WIKKI
    DJ WIKKI WIKKI Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Will the Traktor update for the X1MK3 also give us some new features like elastic beat grid?

• Brian J.
    Brian J. Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Gotcha. That’s such an odd decision . So the mixer/EQ are supported but the mixer FXs are not? Hard pass for me then…

• Oxy
    Oxy Member Posts: 89 Helper
    Options

"Oh my god, one of the buttons moved a centimeter"

This is just so sad, Pioneer is the Industry stranglehold, go for that then.

• Scott Frost
    Scott Frost Member Posts: 36 Helper
    Options

Why did you use the darker lit Buttons? It seems this version isn’t as bright as the mk2? Other than that it’s great!

• Voyager
    Voyager Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Can you create custom modes?

and if so can you set the text on the displays ?

• FParadiso
    FParadiso Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Can traktor pro3 run with the laptop closed and I rely just on the x1 screen displays to select and play tracks (plus a mixer) to DJ?

Will there be updates by NI on how and what gets displayed in the x1's screens?

With the S4, some folks in the community have made amazing mappings for the screens that are so professional looking. To access those mappings, there's a fee, like supporting those developers on Patreon. I think NI should considering licensing those mappings or partnering with these types of screen developers/mappers.

So, would NI license these maps in the future?

This discussion has been closed.