Random discussion: NEW Traktor hardware coming soon?!

Options
Startiel
Startiel Member Posts: 39 Member

Hi, have you seen the recent post NI has made on IG? What could possibly be? A new controller? A standalone DJ system? An X1 MK3?

For me, my biggest concern is Traktor S4 MK3 support. I only bought it last year and there's already a new one coming?

Let me know your opinion and share a prediction down here!

Β«134

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,792 Expert
    Options

I guess new DJ HW will come soon. I guess within few weeks.

I would expect S8/S5 (and maybe D2) replacement. And Z2 replacement. Maybe even new version of Traktor.

Concerning S4 MK3 support. I would not be much affraid, much older units are still supported in Traktor...

• jpmca89
    jpmca89 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I wouldn't worry too much about the support for the s4 mk3. NI recently released a 4 part series of tutorials about the s4 mk3 so I don't expect that to go anywhere anytime soon.

This new hardware appears to be the x1 mk3 and if the leaks are real, it looks amazing. Hopefully this new hardware ultimately means there'll be a suite of new hardware updates for older traktor gear ie F1, Z2, S8 etc. Looks like it's exciting times ahead for Traktor....hopefully!

• AdamA80
    AdamA80 Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

There a 60 second unboxing video on insta with a new x1mk3. I can't post a link here but looks legit (and awesome)

Hopefully the first of a number of new devices?

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    Options

New hardware!!

• jpmca89
    Options

I really hope we don't have to wait too long for the official announcement....can't wait πŸ™

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,686 mod
    Options

Looks like there'a one extra buttons row for transport 😎

• shiveringgoat
    shiveringgoat Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

#Aroused Level 9.7

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 259 Guru
    Options

That is clean af

Not sure how this will allow us better control of PP though

• imianwilliams
    imianwilliams Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Ah, that instagram link's been taken down.

Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long before the official announcement. :)

• jpmca89
    Options

The video is still on Facebook for now for anyone that hasn't seen itπŸ‘

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,686 mod
    Options

You will probably see the sound ad pattern numbers on the display above the FX knobs and given there is 4x4 button matrix (plus the play and sync) it would be easy to accomodate it. No pattern reset button it seems.

• nachopenades
    nachopenades Member Posts: 207 Pro
    edited August 2023
    Options

It seems to me a success to return to the 4 encoders of the MK1 version. It looks fantastic! After years of waiting this makes me even nervous. Good job Team NI.

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 259 Guru
    Options

Can't see the D2s being replaced. That era of DJing has been and gone I'm afraid.

With streaming and stems around for most DJs, I really don't think stem file and remix deck capable hardware, will be worth investing in for NI.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,288 Guru
    Options

Purple circles are emerging many places.....