Smart playlists don't include the "Track No."

Sean
Sean Member Posts: 11 Member

Seeing as the "Bug report" forum is currently closed 😐️ here's a bug report.

When creating a Smart Playlist there's no option to filter using the "Track No."

I'm listing as a bug and not a feature request because it appears it was accidentally left out as every other piece of meta data can be added and filtered on.

Comments

• Patch
    Patch Member Posts: 228 Pro

Track number is part of the album/release metadata. Not really of use when Smart Playlisting (when would you need a Playlist that returns all "Track Number - 1"'s for example?).

Although, it is available in iTunes (Windows) as Smart Playlist criteria... So, why not Traktor?

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

Welcome to the forum.

I've edited the thread title as this is not a bug. It is a feature request and I think Patch's words cover it quite well.

Karlos.

• Sean
    Sean Member Posts: 11 Member

@Karlos Santos when would anyone need Track No in DJ software when they don't even include Album 😉 I'm sure there's someone out there who wants a playlist of the first track off every album they own.

But that's kinda the point of smart playlists allowing users to meet there own use cases however weird they might be. They should really just include all the metadata and allow users to utilise how they see fit.

My use case however is due to Traktor really lacking compared to Rekordbox where you can tag tracks with whatever metadata you'd like. Being struck with a defined set of fields in Traktor I tend to use those fields for whatever purpose I need so I have ways of filtering my tracks. And unfortunately I've currently run out of fields.