How can I close browser screen on s4 mk3?

Options
tac0cat
tac0cat Member Posts: 27 Member
edited February 29 in Mapping Traktor

S4mk3 browser display. On the s4 itself the only way to get out of the browser screen is by selecting a new track. On my s8 there’s a button that would clear out the browser for song selection and back to what was displayed. I can’t figure out any button combo to avoid having to load a track instead. 

Situation trying to find another song and realize the song I have already selected is the one I want but I have to find that song again just to clear out the display

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,780 mod
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The 'View' button has two functions when in browser view. If you press it as usual, you will go up the browser tree (as you probably know). But, if you hold it for at least a second, you will exit the browser view. No modding needed. Enjoy.

Ignore the browser touch thing (and don't activate it). Since the browse knob is not touch sensitive the browser view will exit in a second after opening it automatically.

Edit: Supreme Edition Mod is so complex that it would greatly profit from a manual. Even i don't know the ins and outs of everything in it, even though i read just about every file from top to bottom. ^^

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

You are using a qml-mod, right? If so, which one and which version?

• tac0cat
    tac0cat Member Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Oh wow yep I sure am! Supreme Mod 35.1 for Traktor 3.9+

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

So that means there are some buttons unused in the browser section that could be coded to exit the browse mode, right? I'll have a look to see if some are free.

In the meanwhile, if you can enter preferences on the S4 for the mod settings, try to find if there is a setting for 'showBrowserOnTouch'. Aleix put it in just like he did for the other NI controllers, even though the browser encoder is not touch sensitive (oh why NI?). The idea being, we can use an already present close-browser-overlay function after a set time by starting the timer using the encoder signal for turn-encoder.

I'll take a deep peek soon.

• Sûlherokhh
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The 'View' button has two functions when in browser view. If you press it as usual, you will go up the browser tree (as you probably know). But, if you hold it for at least a second, you will exit the browser view. No modding needed. Enjoy.

Ignore the browser touch thing (and don't activate it). Since the browse knob is not touch sensitive the browser view will exit in a second after opening it automatically.

Edit: Supreme Edition Mod is so complex that it would greatly profit from a manual. Even i don't know the ins and outs of everything in it, even though i read just about every file from top to bottom. ^^