Will NI development be impacted by any critical dependencies with Russian coders?

nightjar
nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

No politics please...

Just curious if any development teams within NI have any critical dependencies with coders who live in Russia? I have no idea if this is the case to any degree.

But if so, I imagine it could be a complicating factor for moving things forward in 2022.

Not that getting our NI products faster is more important than human suffering anywhere... just curious if this is even a factor.

Anybody here know if this is the case?

Tagged:

Comments

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

I would say it's fine since any Russian programmers that work for NI that I've met have relocated to Berlin in order to be able to work full-time. The only Russian freelancer I know NI cooperated with was Lazyfish, but that's past tense now.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

Our teams are working from our offices (or least in the same country now that it's still covid) except freelancers. As far as dependencies with software development, I really can't think of any here but I could be wrong.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

Thanks for the feedback...

There are already enough "x-factors" to challenge development timetables I'm sure.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited March 2022

But you forgot to ask about Ukrainien programmers, if any. Even if they are located in Germany/UK/EU, if they are male (and programmers are mostly male) they might be called to go back home....

About 2 million woman, elderly and kids has already left Ukraina to EU. And large amount of man left EU for home and joined army.....

COVID, Apple Silicon and now this.... What more the mankind needs....