How to manage License Transfer for A49/61 - I'm getting confusing answers from support

Options
NI-Rocks
NI-Rocks Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Hello,

I'm trying to transfer a Komplete Kontrol A49/61 controller license to the new user.

However, I'm getting confusing answers from NI support, without a concrete solution.

In an email they answered "By you removing the following two items from your account you are going to leave this product unusable as you are taking out the necessary base product"

That answer freaks me out. So... Will the new user not be able to use the A49/61!?

Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• NI-Rocks
    edited August 2023
    Options

Btw, in my NI account under "TRANSFER A LICENSE" it said:

"Full Version - Not transferable".

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
    edited August 2023
    Options

What they are talking about are the bundled softwares.

When you registered your keyboards, also the instruments bundled with it have been registered under your account

From the page on NI site, they should be these

What they are telling you is that by unregistering the keyboards to sell it, those programs will not be usable anymore. Which is quite strange: many users (me included) unregistered some products and have been left able to keep the bundled software.

In any case, coming to the guy who is gonna buy your keyboards, he will have no problem: once he will register the new serial they will give you to forward to him, the keyboard will be in his account (as the programs it comes with…even that if they answered like this for the products being removed from your account, I would ask reassurance also about this…just to be sure…).

@Jeremy_NI did the things change? The old user is not keeping the softwares anymore? And can you confirm the new user will receive all the bundled softwares?

Edit: @NI-Rocks in any case, to use an hardware it doesn’t even have to be registered. This step is only to receive the software. Plugging in the HW, even if unregistered, the new user will be able to use it

• NI-Rocks
    Options

So, should I basically just ask them to remove the Licesen Serial for Komplet Kontrol A49/61 hardware? Nothing else?

As they answered this (full answer):

---

By you removing the following two items from your account you are going to leave this product unusable as you are taking out the necessary base product

KOMPLETE KONTROL A-SERIES Collection R2

KOMPLETE KONTROL A49 HW

KOMPLETE 14 SELECT for HW Special Offer 

Base products

These products are required to install this update.

KOMPLETE KONTROL A25 HW

KOMPLETE KONTROL A61 HW

KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 Collection

MASCHINE MIKRO MK3 HW

KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 HW

KOMPLETE KONTROL A49 HW

Please confirm your acknowledgment and approval."

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

If I understand well, you are to sell A49 and A61.

If the HW licence is not listed as Transferable, you probably have registerred it within two (or maybe three) months ago. In that case automatic transfer does not work and one has to contact NI Support to deregister it from your account.

I do not fully understand NI response concerning loosing Base product needed....

My guess is that you have some kind of upgrade/crossgrade that is based on A49 or A61 HW. When you transfer Base Product (HW possibly in your case), that upgrade would become invalid. Till you get any other Base Product needed.

But it is just my guess, that you have Upgrade/Crossgrade based on your HW.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Ok. In your case also Komplete 14 Select will be removed, since they gave it to you as part of a special offer with the keyboard.

For what regards you, if you are not interested in keeping any of these products, you can unregister the HW and everything will be removed.

For what regards the buyer, in this case I don’t know if he is gonna receive Komplete 14 Select, since the special offer is over. Maybe they will give him only the “normally” included bundled I showed above.

But…I would wait for a confirmation from Jeremy to be sure(if you have one or two days of time and hoping it will come fast). As I said things used to work differently and seller used to keep some softwares, but in case of a special offer things could work differently.

The only thing I can confirm you is that the user will be able to use the keyboard (as I said, it works even if not registered, but making a license transfer they will give a new serial to register it). The only doubt is if you told him that all the softwares will be given to him…in this case waiting for a confirmation is better

• LostInFoundation
    Options

I’ve seen now your added comment at 10:36…

Where does it state “Not transferable”? For the HWs or for the softwares (which is normal, since they are bundled with the HW)?

And if it is for the HWs, they told you you can transfer them anyway?

• Kubrak
    edited August 2023
    Options

Even HW may be marked Nontransferable, if it is few months since registration HW to account.

@NI-Rocks

Do you want to keep "KOMPLETE 14 SELECT for HW Special Offer" licence or are willing to transfer it to new user? I am not sure, whether it is possible to transfer it, but I guess it is. At least, it was possible in past to transfer sort time special offer bundled SW with HW.

If you want keep  KOMPLETE 14 SELECT for HW Special Offer, you must get another Base Product from the list to make it work again.

• NI-Rocks
    Options

Thanks for all your answers, I just want to transfer the Komplet Kontrol A49/61 and all its appropriate software. I also want to transfer 'KOMPLETE 14 SELECT for HW Special Offer' as I don't own any other NI hardware any longer.

• NI-Rocks
    Options
  • Kubrak
    Options

So ask for transfer of A49 HW and K14 Select. Maybe that you do not need to ask for K14 Select and new owner gets new licence.

Maybe that the warning from NI was to inform you, that you will not be able to use K14 Select after transfer of A49 HW.

K14 Select maybe even stays at your account, but will not be usable, till you would have needed HW/SW as Base Product....

• NI-Rocks
    Options

Already done that, they just infomed me that "By you removing the following two items from your account you are going to leave this product unusable as you are taking out the necessary base product".

Super confused. Waiting on next answer.

• Kubrak
    Options

That is logical. SW will stay at your account, but not the HW needed for making licence usable.

You should ask, if new owner also gets K14S. And if not, if it is also possible to transfer to him your K14S licence as you do not need it anymore.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    edited August 2023
    Options

@NI-Rocks If you need clarifications you can ask my colleagues, I don't have an extensive knowledge of these licenses and their dependencies and how it applies to your current account & situation. Don't hesitate to ask for an explanation if the answers my colleagues provide are too cryptic.