Cannot set favorites in Komplete Kontrol, nor Maschine

Options
sevdahbaby
sevdahbaby Member Posts: 27 Member

Hello everyone,

I had this problem in the past, which was temporarily solved by finding and older version of favorites.db3 file and replacing it in the shared folder in the MacOS Library.

But now, I can't add any new favorites in KK, nor Maschine software. When I delete the favorites.db3 file, I gain the possibility of adding new favorites, but of course, lose all the old favorites, which I spent hours and days selecting.

I have enabled Full Disk Access to KK and Maschine, and have the newest versions of both.

Any idea on solutions?

Cheers!

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,602 Expert
    Options

So if you ave the "old" database file it shows your prev favourites, what happens when you try and select the fav icon for a preset? It doesn't select at all or does and just does not save (appears off when you reopen KK)?

Likely soe kind of macOS security issue, usually is, Sometimes you can try deselect the disk access for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine in security prefs, save, then reselest.

• sevdahbaby
    Options

Hi Jester,

When I click the fav icon, nothing happens, very frustrating.

I tried your suggestion, deselect full disk access and select again, even with the restarts of Macbook, but no luck...

I'm starting to think that maybe it's the external SSD, which behaves strangely, works on some USB-C ports, on some not. But on the other hand, some other users also lost favorites functionality, after some updates of KK, who knows... Also, my databases in Maschine and Komplete Kontrol rescan automatically pretty often, totally random, when I start the program. Everytime every library shows up in the end, but it is very boring to have it happening pretty often...

Maybe this will give a clue to someone, what is actually happening...

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,753 mod
    Options

Maybe the database file got set to read only while being copied over? Try and right click to see what access options are available and set anything to read write that isn't

• sevdahbaby
    Options

@Kymeia already checked that :/

Thanks anyway :)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

I'm not sure if your SSD is the culprit here, I believe this favorites.db3 file is supposed to be on your system's drive. You also mention other permission issues. If you reset Maschine or Komplete Kontrol's database, like for these crash articles here, do you still get the random rescans? MASCHINE Crashes and KOMPLETE KONTROL Crashes

I think this one needs some system/files checking from my colleagues, Ican create a request from this post if you didn't submit a support request yet.

• sevdahbaby
    Options

Hi @Jeremy_NI ,

I tried everything from the the links you sent, except reinstalling both softwares, which would be very time consuming and would definitely mean loosing all of my favorites. My favorites.db3 file is in the default system folder, I didn't move it.

I would appreciate you opening a support request for me :)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@sevdahbaby I got in touch by email.