Any advice for transferring Maschine to a new computer/OS without losing all your user settings

Options
Murray Gardiner
Murray Gardiner Member Posts: 1 Member

I need to delete an old OS from my dual boot mac and start using maschine on the newer one. But obviously lots of projects, groups and instruments saved on the old one which id love to be able to keep.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,945 mod
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The easy way is to use the MacOS Migration Assistant app, it will automatically copy everything from one system disk to another and provide some options in case you don't want to copy over specific things. A Time-Machine backup to an external drive can also work. This really copies everything including system options, iCloud stuff, etc...

Or you can do it manually and just copy things over but that's quite a bit of work especially to avoid Kontakt libs reinstallations, you should only try it manually if you have a very good reason for it, if you really need it i can list all the folders.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,945 mod
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The easy way is to use the MacOS Migration Assistant app, it will automatically copy everything from one system disk to another and provide some options in case you don't want to copy over specific things. A Time-Machine backup to an external drive can also work. This really copies everything including system options, iCloud stuff, etc...

Or you can do it manually and just copy things over but that's quite a bit of work especially to avoid Kontakt libs reinstallations, you should only try it manually if you have a very good reason for it, if you really need it i can list all the folders.