Kontat GUI takes 3 seconds to open when clicking on “Edit instrument”

Options
hAMIKAZE
hAMIKAZE Member Posts: 12 Member
edited August 2023 in Kontakt

Hello, I have this weird thing with kontakt that’s super anoying, each time I click on “edit Instrument” I have the mouse spinning wheel and 3s of waiting.

In comparison the Opus vst open instantly when clicking on “Edit Instrument”.

In fact every other vst instrument or sampler is opening instantly

But kontakt for some reason have that 3 seconds lag consistently. When I am working with 20 kontakts tracks and need to open the gui one after the other in a short amount of time, it gets really jarring

Any idea ? I deleted my big quickload folder, I thought it maybe slowed the whole thing …

I am on windows 11 and Cubase 12 Pro

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,813 mod
    Options

@hAMIKAZE Do you have any antivirus running? Do you still get that lag if you deactivate it?

Are you rnunning Cubase & Kontakt as admin? How to Run a Program as an Administrator

Have you checked this article? KONTAKT - Slow Loading Times

• hAMIKAZE
    Options

I disabled AV

cubase is launch as admin

it still takers a solid 3 sec to open the kontakt GUI :((

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,813 mod
    Options

@hAMIKAZE Does it happen with every instrument, or only some? Can you give some examples? Which ones are slow, which ones are opening normally? Does it also happen in a new project with only a few Kontakt instances, with only one Kontakt instance?

• hAMIKAZE
    edited August 2023
    Options

It happens even on an empty project with 1 Kontakt instance even if no patch is loaded in this instance

I’ll record a video for you tonight

• hAMIKAZE
    edited August 2023
    Options

here is a video of the problem

• hAMIKAZE
    Options

What’s funny is that I disable/enable a Kontakt track on cubase faster than the time it takes to open the Kontakt gui

• hAMIKAZE
    edited September 2023
    Options

up

here is a video

I can' t wait for Kontakt 8. So that I can open Kontakt in 10 seconds instead of 3 sec. Such a downgrade...

Edit : I deleted all my 165 libraries. Now kontakt load much faster, 1 sec ... So it has to do with the way kontakt scan everything each time the GUI open... or my SSDs...

Can it be the fact that I am using Drivepool to virtually merge 4 nvme SSDs into one pool ?