Maschine Plus Support for full Kontakt and Reaktor factory library (not selection)?

Options
2»

Comments

• cybo
    cybo Member Posts: 15 Helper
    Options

Would love it to be simple to add Reaktor ensembles to the +. Can’t understand why you would not implement this or add other ensembles from the library like you did with Monark? Or to be able to browse my sample folders like they are supposed to be and not that ridiculous 2 folder restriction. It’s also extremely annoying if you are in your user sample folder, load a sample then decide to add some FX from RAUM etc, choose an FX preset and then when you go back into the user sample folder you have to manually go back into the sample folder you were just in. A real workflow killer. I love using my +, only ever use it in standalone and have made a ton of stuff with it, I just wish NI cared about it as much as I do.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    Options

I think all of us M+ owners would love to join the beta. Probably hoping that some users feedback would be taken in consideration, but also only to work to squeeze bugs and at the end have a stable, good, functional release. Since they are so rare, better assure they are the best we can have

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,364 Expert
    Options

Just be aware that by joining the beta you also agree to not share any information about it. You’ll have to sit on your fingers a lot when posting on this forum!

A public beta would be nice, like for the elektronauts. Everybody was able to join. A lot of bugs in overbridge 2 were squashed there.

• LostInFoundation
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thank you, I know it, I beta test many apps/devices and being engaged makes it easier to understand what’s better to be kept not public cause it’s a work in progress ☺️. And also some decisions taken by the developer.

Public beta is indeed very useful (more testers, more workflows, more chances to find peculiar things that would arise only because of different approaches). But the public one should come after a “trusted” testers one, where things are already been discussed (specially in the case of apps where the developer is interested also in feedbacks about things like workflow, priority list of functionalities,… which sadly doesn’t seem the case with NI).

If it’s just a beta test about squeezing the bugs, it is easier to have a larger testers pool.

But the ones more interesting I participated in were those were the developer was in search of infos about what users expected, how to achieve it, how they would be using the app/device,… And they ended with a product that was really appealing.

A mix between a developer vision and its placement in users’ reality needs is always a winner imo.

BTW: my comment wasn’t intended to say I’m interested in joining the beta. I would only if it was something like I described above. But I don’t think NI is doing something like this. I even avoid updating to the newest version of their softwares when they are released, since lately they give too much problems cause many of the issues get discovered by users after they get published. Usually I wait some weeks/months and see all the complaints here on the forum…and wait the (not so fast) NI to fix also those. Problem is that lately NI seems forcing users to install the latest versions, even when they are not perfectly functioning). I want a functioning program for my studio, not to be finding out that “I can’t load this or that” anymore cause, as I said in other threads, final users are used as beta testers.

Therefore this news of a beta test made for the next M+ update is more than welcome

• AdelV
    AdelV Member Posts: 223 Pro
    Options

I think it will be beta only for Maschine 2 SW not M+. Plus feels like close to EOL ;(

• LostInFoundation
    edited August 2023
    Options

But…Jeremy explicitly told you “Maschine Plus beta”. And I trust Jeremy (one of the few).

In any case I agree with you about not expecting anything spectacular from new M+ updates…it will probably be some fix here and there and some stability…which is in any case welcome.

Betas are also (or almost) to find out new eventual bugs in a new version, not only for testing new functionalities

• bolodaproducer
    bolodaproducer Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

It Would be dope to have some new updates soon 👀

• LostInFoundation
    edited August 2023
    Options

Maybe you can make a video putting pressure on them (even if NI seems immune to pressure) 😉

• Tommaso Ferrarese
    Tommaso Ferrarese Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

@Jeremy_NI if possible I'd like to be added to the beta testing as well!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@Tommaso Ferrarese I've added you.

• Tommaso Ferrarese
    Tommaso Ferrarese Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Thanks @Jeremy_NI