assign host automation (dragging it) to parameters without a fader or a knob

Options
marco music 75
marco music 75 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited August 2023 in Kontakt

Is it possible, maybe accessing the wrench "tweaky" part of a kontakt instrument or with a script,

to assign host automation (dragging it) to parameters without a fader or a knob?

In the image I show Vista, they don't have faders or knobs to assign the dynamic but only a scroll down menu with cc's.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• marco music 75
    Answer ✓
    Options

Actually it's totally doable.

Someone form a FB group told me yesterday you only have to go to the wrench/script editor/ create 6 midi knobs and drag them to the automation parameter. Job done. This works obviously only for libraries that aren't locked.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,151 mod
    Options

Hello,

no you really have to set it there in the drop down menu in this case.

• marco music 75
    Answer ✓
    Options

Actually it's totally doable.

Someone form a FB group told me yesterday you only have to go to the wrench/script editor/ create 6 midi knobs and drag them to the automation parameter. Job done. This works obviously only for libraries that aren't locked.

• Uwe303
    Options

Have you actually tried it with that function? The thing is you also have to map the 6 knobs to a function within the kontakt instrument, maybe several functions, depending on what, in this case,dynamic is doing. But if you want to dive a bit into kontakt it is maybe doable.

• marco music 75
    Options

of course I tried it and works perfectly whatever CC's you decided to assign

• Uwe303
    Options

Yes if course that works, but I mean you can now automate what cc is effecting the dynamics like the drop down menu does. So you turn a knob and now let's say CC 50 is controlling dynamics? Sorry if I annoy you but I also want to know. Is it a free instrument? Then maybe I can try myself.