key range...

Options
brynte5
brynte5 Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

I just recently bought komplete 14 standard, so i'm starting to learn the features.

1 - I have a couple of small midi keyboards, but i don't really play. My main reason for buying komplete, is to add new sounds, to already existing midi (created with mostly toontrack products) in my daw (cubase), to make my songs sound "bigger" and more "complete". To my surprise and disappointment, i can't use the midi in my project as a source for kontakt, since the key range on some of my kontakt instruments are way too limited. I'm assuming the solution to this problem would be to move the midi, to where the key range of the instrument is? any other ways to solve this problem?

2 - i have a pretty good pc, but when using kontakt and the instruments, it takes a looong time to load and every action in kontakt is very slow. Often i make a move and it says "kontakt is not responding", so then i'll have to leave it for maybe 30 seconds, before i can continue, which makes it very frustrating to work with. Are there any tips for improving this situation?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Have you checked this article? KONTAKT - Slow Loading Times

Forget about the Batch Resave thing but the other 2 are important, namely antivirus and the format of the hard drive where you store your libraries.

Answers