Notes From EASY Scale Mode or Chords to ARP to the the Exact Midi Notes ( Ableton )

Options
Tawguih
Tawguih Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited July 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello ,

I have Komplete Kontrol S49 , and i need to use the Scale Mode as example , but i need the Right Notes to be written , i will Explain :-

If I am on scale mode , and choosing Bb Minor Scale , and setting the Mode to EASY , The Bb becomes the C note and so on , so whenver i press C , it sound Bb !

I need to copy this Midi notes into a new Midi Track ( Not Komplete ) , and i need the real notes to apear so it doesnt sound a C , it sounds a Bb

Same thing for the ARP & Chords ...

Thank you , Hope it 's well explained

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 148 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's easy. Just play and record your one note chords on a midi track with Komplete Kontrol.

Create a second empty midi track, and there, on the right where it says "All Ins" select the Komplete Kontrol track, where it says Post Fx, again select the Komplete Kontrol track. That's in arrangement view, in session view it's the same, but options to change are found below, just above the volume slider.

Record arm that second midi track, push record and done. Your one note chords from Komplete Kontrol are now recorded as full midi chords on the second track.

From there you can do whatever you want with that midi, put an instrument on the track, copy the midi to any other track, modify the midi in the piano roll,...

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

@Tawguih You can do that in Ableton or Cubase when you use the Komplete Kontrol VST or VST3: Ableton Live Guide: Sending MIDI from the KOMPLETE KONTROL Plug-in

Sending MIDI from the KOMPLETE KONTROL Plug-in in Cubase

It could be possible in other DAWs as long as you can use VST or VST3, The AU format doesn't allow that in Logic for example.

• Tawguih
    Tawguih Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thank you for your reply , but this is not what I need , the solution you have sent is to make me Use the Komplete Options on another Midi Track , so That if Konplet Kontrol is on Track 1 , I Record on Grack 1 and the sounds comes from Track 2

but What i Need is if I Am using as example the CHORDS option , and Hits C , It will sound C Maj Chord , But the recorded note on the Midi Line will be just the C Note , which is what i dont want

i want When i Press the C , that Produces the C Maj Chord , the recorded notes to be C E G

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,625 Expert
    Options

You have to do it as posted, the chords are sent out the midi port of the plug-in, not to the track. Once captured on a second track, just copy/paste to track 1 then disable the chord feature.

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 148 Advisor
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's easy. Just play and record your one note chords on a midi track with Komplete Kontrol.

Create a second empty midi track, and there, on the right where it says "All Ins" select the Komplete Kontrol track, where it says Post Fx, again select the Komplete Kontrol track. That's in arrangement view, in session view it's the same, but options to change are found below, just above the volume slider.

Record arm that second midi track, push record and done. Your one note chords from Komplete Kontrol are now recorded as full midi chords on the second track.

From there you can do whatever you want with that midi, put an instrument on the track, copy the midi to any other track, modify the midi in the piano roll,...