Modify a Kontakt Instrument I bought?

Options
manymanyhaha
manymanyhaha Member Posts: 16 Member
edited July 2023 in Kontakt

Is it possible? Like in Reaktor, with which I've modified some of the uploaded ensembles to suit my purposes.

I've come to really like Homegrown Sounds Midi Looper but it maxes out at 128 steps and I need to increase that to 512, at least. Been in touch with them previously but they aren't responding. It might be the sole developer has health issues, perhaps, from what I've read at KVR.

If it isn't possible, how steep of a learning curve is it to learn Kontakt enough to replicate some of the basic functionality?

Yes, newb question :)

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,139 Expert
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

When you load up a Kontakt instrument, there may be a wrench icon in the top-left corner of it:

That's the "Edit Mode", where you can change every aspect of it.

Others may show a cog icon instead. That means the instrument cannot be edited.

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,139 Expert
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

When you load up a Kontakt instrument, there may be a wrench icon in the top-left corner of it:

That's the "Edit Mode", where you can change every aspect of it.

Others may show a cog icon instead. That means the instrument cannot be edited.

• manymanyhaha
    Options

Ok. I had found that but didn't see where I could edit the actual instrument, like the max steps. I was assuming this was for editing Kontakt features, not the instrument. But if that wrench is there, then it is just a matter of figuring out the actual edit, gotcha.

Ok, this is good news. Now I just figure out how to edit it.

• manymanyhaha
    Options

There is supposed to be an Edit selection in this red circle, isn't there?

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 288 Pro
    Options

Bottom LH corner?