Incompatibilities between Kontakt libraries and Logic Pro 10.7.7

Options
Bobby Rothschild
Bobby Rothschild Member Posts: 32 Member
edited July 2023 in Kontakt

I've had some buggy/inconsistent behaviors when using Logic Pro 10.7.7. A song file crashed and I removed and re-installed each plug-in. Afterwards, I got several tiny inconsistencies, such as losing the ability to control the volume of various NI instruments from either the Logic workspace or by the Kontakt slider. A tech rep from NI mentioned that Logic 10.7.9 is a 'safer' version than the previous. Can you please corroborate that for me before I update my Logic 10.7.7 to 10.7.9.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,601 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Bobby Rothschild it appears that our support team has already provided a solution via email? Feel free to make corrections or add more info in case others come cross this thread in the future.

Solution: To control Kontakt's volume slider in Logic X with track automation, you can edit right in the Piano Roll's Automation / CC lane where the parameter is mapped to MIDI Volume (CC7).

• Bobby Rothschild
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Kaiwan! I'll check it out.

Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,601 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Bobby Rothschild it appears that our support team has already provided a solution via email? Feel free to make corrections or add more info in case others come cross this thread in the future.

Solution: To control Kontakt's volume slider in Logic X with track automation, you can edit right in the Piano Roll's Automation / CC lane where the parameter is mapped to MIDI Volume (CC7).

• Bobby Rothschild
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Kaiwan! I'll check it out.