FINALLY figured out Komplete Kontrol ScanApp Crashing!!

BradHelm
BradHelm Member Posts: 5 Member
edited 11:53AM in Komplete Kontrol

It's always bothered me that I would get anywhere from 2 - 4 crash reports when I did a hard reset on Komplete Kontrol then fired it up. I tried uninstalling, installing... no issues with any other DAWs. All my plugins worked and were up-to-date.

I recalled reading some Native Instrument documentation recently that instructed users to load Guitar Rig standalone before some other NI instruments (Maschine?- something to that effect). 

🤔

So, I deleted every Guitar Rig file I could find (used a search app called 'Funter'). I then reinstalled Guitar Rig 6, opened the standalone, and quit the application.

I then deleted the Komplete Kontrol folder contents (database, etc.) and fired up Komplete Kontrol...

OMG! No more scanapp crashes.

FINALLY!!!

🤩

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,826 admin

Thanks for sharing @BradHelm

Yes that's a solution suggested by our support team. Glad to hear it helped resolve issues with scanapp

• kreisbed
    kreisbed Member Posts: 3 Member

I'm glad you were able to solve your problem, but deleting every Guitar Rig 6 file to solve a ScanApp crash seems very non-intuitive and reflects poorly on NI software design. I am currently experiencing ScanApp crashes as well as issues with Komplete Kontrol crashes when accessing Play Assist in the software. I just purchased the new, Kontrol S61 MK3 controller and, after updating the NI software I have had nothing but software issues. Instead of being able to enjoy the new keyboard, I am tempted to set up my old MK1 controller so I can enjoy playing some music. The fact that one of NI's plug-ins (Guitar Rig) or any other plug-in could cause all these crashes seems like a significant flaw in the design of the ScanApp and Komplete Kontrol. Why doesn't it just flag the offending plug-ins, with an alert msg., and load every other one (like Logic Pro does)? I have a support ticket in, as do many other users, but I expect more after spending over $850 on new hardware as well as lots of $$ on NI software. Needing to deleting every file of one of their plug-ins is embarrassing as is having to go into Library files and deleting Plists or app support folders (as suggested in other threads). It is interesting that with the multiple Arturia controllers and software that I have purchased, I have never had to delete their plug-ins or any files in the Library to get their products to work. The upgrades are trouble free - they just work, which is what is reasonable to expect. At the very least, NI should post a message saying they are aware of the issues with the new Komplete Kontrol app and are working on a fix.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 942 Guru

A big thank you from me. Filed away for future reference!

This discussion has been closed.