Purchase of Serato by Pioneer Dj: The most important challenge for Traktor Pro?

Options
nachopenades
nachopenades Member Posts: 208 Pro

An important challenge arises for Traktor Pro with the purchase of Serato by Pioneer Dj (Alphatheta Corporation). 

For users, this is not good, monopolizing the market will only bring us limitations.

I hope more than ever a solid and successful roadmap from Traktor, go team NI!

What do you think?

Tagged:

Comments

• djsubculture
    djsubculture Member Posts: 47 Helper
    Options

Now I wished that Inmusic would have purchased Native Instruments.

• Scott Frost
    Scott Frost Member Posts: 36 Helper
    Options

No you don't, InMusic is not a good company - they break and abandon everything they make or have taken over and ruined the brands they have purchased. Moog is the latest casualty unfortunately.

I think Apple would be a better choice to buy NI, or even Allen & Heath. But I think NI is too big now for those companies to purchase (accept Apple) -- Apogee might be a good fit for NI as well.

• djsubculture
    djsubculture Member Posts: 47 Helper
    Options

Maybe, but they are, at the moment, the only ones who could challenge the new Pioneer DJ/Serato DJ monopoly.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,801 Expert
    Options

We will see. My bet is that new DJ Pro HW and maybe new Traktor will come within few months.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,817 mod
    Options

I sincerely hope something cool and useful is just around the corner, but i have to ask: what are you guys and girls basing your bets on? The only thing i have seen so far are guesses and wishes of users. 🦋

• nachopenades
    Options

I think exactly the same as you, the only light is the roadmap they show us, but everything is going so slow... it seems they don't have enough resources to grow.

Traktor is still my favorite, but we are lagging far behind.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 655 Pro
    Options

virtual DJ is king, Traktor is Queen

Serato & rekordbox are both rookies...

i dont care much for DJ hardware controllers, they are all a means to an end...

ill configure my Maschine Jams to give me approximately the same functions as a hardware controller minus the turntable scratching ability

what does it really matter if a company joins amalgamates.. its either done for survival or the market is completely saturated, when it comes down to the nuts&bolts... working software with useful features is all that matters

• BrooklynTerry
    BrooklynTerry Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

What does this mean for Traktor's compatability with Pioneer products from now on?

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 317 Pro
    edited July 2023
    Options

It's surprising, because nobody expected it that way. In the short term, little or nothing will change for us. Club standards will remain relevant for Traktor, and if it's simply about money there, NI will have to put a little more on the table to remain compatible. We will see what exactly pioneer's motivation is with this move.

But what interests me / fascinates me most is that RANE is now with InMusic and Serato is with AlphaTeta...

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 162 Pro
    Options

While everyone is talking about all-in-one DJ controllers, Pioneer DJ is trying to get it's DJ software on all platforms. Think about Rekordbox DJ 7 combining the very best of Serato with the very best of Rekordbox DJ and available on all OS. They already have Rekordbox DJ on IOS, Macs, Windows, Android and All-in-one DJ gears with Metha data sync. If they can get Serato stems, Serato Pitch ’n Time and Serato Flip on a mobile. This is why I was so puzzled when Traktor DJ 2 road map was abandon being a universal app for the old Traktor DJ Pro 3 which is nonuniversal. If the all-in-one was so sound why would there be people asking for the Denon DJ hardware to be integrated with competing DJ software. In this modern DJ era software is the Key to a good DJ hardware.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newcomer
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,801 Expert
    Options

@Sûlherokhh

I sincerely hope something cool and useful is just around the corner, but i have to ask: what are you guys and girls basing your bets on

1) S8 has disapeared, Z2 as well. And S5 and D2 longer time ago.... So, there is no "Pro" HW. And for certain NI keyboards, there was the drop of price, which often means, new model on the way. And Maschine MK3 is still great, but becomes old...

NI either has decided to leave 'Pro' segment and focus on 'hobbyists', or something new is to come.

2) Development of Traktor and Maschine is slow. Close to zerro. It may mean troubles, it may mean most of work done is on new versions. And NI needs to bring enought new things to attracts people to upgrade...

3) It looks like NI likes to release new HW and SW in September/October.

4) New logo.

So, unless NI has decided to leave 'Pro' segment, release of new HW/SW in September/October is expectable. Of course, I know nothing and it is just wild guess and I may be totally wrong. We will see in few months....

• nachopenades
    Options

We know that they have been working on the code base for some time, and this has a purpose, to be able to implement new features that they could not with the old one. There is an alliance with Izotope, Pluging Aliance and Brainworw that is encouraging.

It is true that the implementation times are not as we would all like them to be, but something new has to come.