How do you switch Templates in MIDI in the Maschine Mikro MkIII

Options
luiza177
luiza177 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I recently bought a Maschine Mikro mk3 for finger drumming. I set up some templates in the Controller Editor app. In the Controller Editor manual, it says that with the mk2 you can switch templates by pressing Shift + right/left arrows. Nothing happens here however. Am I missing something?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately there is no short cut or combination of buttons to choose between different templates from the controller itself.

Answers

• Psyearth5
    Psyearth5 Member Posts: 177 Helper
    Options

Open Native Control Editor and from there you will be able to make your own Control layouts . Shift+ MIDI will open menu on MK3 . Try In the Editor you should see button combination but it's Shift+ MIDI( look for MIDI button it's how you entering the MIDI mode ) then left and right arows will navigate through stable open menu on the screen and you will be able to choose different MIDI map setups.

• luiza177
    luiza177 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I already have layouts/templates set up. What I'm asking is if there's a way to switch between them via hardware, as opposed to clicking inside the Controller Editor app. Pressing the arrow keys or shift + arrow keys doesn't seem to do anything.

• Barry Legg
    Barry Legg Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I would also like an answer to this - I've seen suggestions in various bits of documentation that we should be able to switch template in midi mode on the fly, but I haven't had any success with the suggested methods.

The best I can do is change pad page ('Group' + Pad A-H) but this isn't any help when i want to be able to just change the CC of the knob that Native Instruments hilariously refers to as the 'Multi-Functional Push Encoder' - this device has got one knob (i'm calling it a knob) and one slider strip - so we're kinda limited with params that need non-binary input.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Humm... On your templates on the "Pages" tab are the Knob and Pad Pages active? If not it causes template switching to be stuck, i think this is a really old bug that as never fixed.

• bodoblockmann
    bodoblockmann Member Posts: 11 Member
    Options
  • D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Oh, right. TBH I dont know if there's a way to change templates on the Mikro 3 but if there is it would be Shift + one of the 3 top left buttons, I doubt it tho as the Mikro MK3 is really barebones when it comes to functionality.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Unfortunately there is no short cut or combination of buttons to choose between different templates from the controller itself.