Sound volume drops to 15 percent in hybrid keys etheral earth synth

Options
karsai
karsai Member Posts: 50 Member
edited July 2023 in Kontakt

So far only these 2 doing this. I set the hybrid keys to a preset and play the notes in the daw. It sounds fine. After reloading the project or sometimes even when I work on a different track this happens: the sound for this specific track become very low. I did nothing no automation and so on (cakewalk daw). I have to reload the preset and then again works until I reload or do anything else. Same with ethereal earth, other synths have no such a problem. No any gain or slider is moved while this drop happens. Could you please help?

Here is a visual the same track is done the same way and played the same and then randomly one got very quiet. This is very annoying, because tracks just drop out randomly. So far I had issue only with this 2 kontakt libraries.

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Options

Are you using a keyboard? Where is the modwheel when this happens? In these libraries the modwheel (aka CC1) is assigned to a low pass filter so when the modwheel is down, the sound will me muffled:

• karsai
    Options

Thanks for the note. This happens even if I have no keyboard attached to the computer and I did not touch the mood wheel. Yes I can restore the functionality with the mood wheel or reloading the preset. I just do not understand why the status of that knob is not saved as I set, why I need to reset it every time? Is there any way I can save the cutoff (I wanted to use factory setting) as it is? Thanks

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@karsai Can you check if there is CC1 (modwheel) automation on any other tracks? If you change the MIDI channel of the instrument on Kontakt does it show the same behaviour?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

This is something that I also sporadically noticed: some sounds getting really low in volume without anything being changed (as the op said, no automations, no parameters changing, anything). Doesn’t happen constantly and never been able to narrow down the motivation nor what/when makes this happen

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

I think Cakewalk is sending current state of MIDI CCs when starting transport. There is an option to disable this somewhere in its options (named "Zero Controllers" or something).

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

Is it also happening in Studio One, Ableton and Cubase?

• karsai
    Options

I do not use mood wheel automation on the tracks and midi channel is set to omni. No other instruments had this issue before just these 2. Sometimes this even happens when I working on other track and return to this one, but when I open the file next time it will always drop the knob to zero. Somebody tested this in ableton and he said he did not had this issue.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@karsai What @EvilDragon said, we even have an article about it, that i had forgot about! KONTAKT's Volume Resets When I Press Play in my DAW

Does that fix the issue?

• karsai
    Options

Hi, Thanks for the idea. I tried this and it did not help

It is not the volume and the pan will change, but the sound corruption happen because the low pass filter got zeroed after I leave the program, sometimes even when I am in the daw just work on other tracks. So this still unresolved. Please help with ideas. Thanks!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@karsai Can you recreate the issue in a small project, zip it and upload it here so we can try to reproduce the issue?

• karsai
    Options

Jeremy and others

Many thanks for looking into this problem. Enclosed please find the project. Below, I made notes (also in cakewalk notes). Essentially the tracks ending 1 automatically zeroed. The track ending 2 are made the same way and they were not yet zeroed when I saved the file. Maybe they will be when you open them.

I also enclosed another problem where the recording of spacedrone in stereo became very noisy. this does not happen in a standalone reaktor

I am grateful for the help for everybody!

Tracks:

EEss1

Ethereal Earth stellar strings. Stock preset no change. No keyboard, no any manipulation. After working on another track cutoff zeroed

HK pp1

Hybrid keys profound pad. Stock preset no change. No keyboard, no any manipulation. After working on another track low pass zeroed

EEss2

Ethereal Earth stellar strings. Stock preset no change. No keyboard, no any manipulation. This is set as the one above and it worked before I saved. Check if this stays functional when you open the file

HK pp2

Hybrid keys profound pad. Stock preset no change. No keyboard, no any manipulation. This is set as the one above and it worked before I saved. Check if this stays functional when you open the file

Reaktor 1 contains space drone. Using stock preset I recorded stereo to track 6 called SG st noisy. The record is noisy. Recording to mono : track 7 called sd mono OK is not noisy. This is a problem/

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@karsai Unfortunately I don't have Cakewalk and a PC at hand at the moment, I've contacted you by email, please send us the result of your support tool and I'll forward everything to my colleagues.