Scarbee Funk Guitar continues to play after recorded Chords Midi Region is finished

tomtommy45
tomtommy45 Member Posts: 30 Member
edited March 2022 in Kontakt

Hi Everyone

i did use the plugin Scarbee Funk Guitar from Kontakt 6 in a track with Costumed Chords but the problem when the recorded Chords Midi Region is finished the plugin continue non stop to play the last chord in the Midi Region and that disturbs the next music in the Arrangement . can pls anyone tell me how to make it stop when the complete Midi region is finished ? thanks

i use no Loop option in kontakt .

thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

This instrument is different because it contains its own sequencer where you define the grooves. when a groove is triggered, playback is continuous until the B-2 keyswitch (stop playback) is pressed. So when you adjust a midi region that causes the B-2 note to not be triggered, then playback of the internal sequencer continues.

Since the midi region end does not trigger any actual midi message, Kontakt would have no message to tell it to "Stop" playing, so this is definitely not a Kontakt Issue. So based on the link I posted before, Logic has the ability to send a "All Notes Off" message at the end of a Midi region. I use mainly Cakewalk and do not have the option, so if any region editing is done using SFG, I manually have to go in and add a B-2 event at the end of the region or playback continues.

Answers

• Blindeddie

It sounds as If the midi notes go beyond the midi region and no midi off message is being sent, that might cause the issue. Did you edit the region to shorten it? If so, go into the region and make sure the notes end before the end of the region.

• tomtommy45

yes it s like that . yes i will try that . but there s something to do in Kontakt midi settings to solve that ?

• Blindeddie
    edited March 2022

Not that I am aware of, there were some threads on the old forum, but have not checked myself!!!

@tomtommy45 , what DAW are you using?

• Blindeddie

Does not appear to be a way to alter the range...

• tomtommy45

i have Logic pro last Version .

• Blindeddie

Ok, found this on the inter-webs… it appears that by default Logic will play notes that are “Hidden” beyond the end of a midi region unless you change a setting in the inspector…

look for the section called:

Adjusting the Start or End Point of MIDI Regions”

try the different settings there to see if it corrects the issue… I don’t use Logic, so I cannot test this.

• tomtommy45

i think the problem comes from the Midi instrument Scarbee funk Guitar from Kontakt 6 and not from Logic pro because i have other Midi tracks with other plugins and they play correctly and stop playing when no Midi Region is there . i think i should change something in the Midi Kontakt Settings but what ? i don't know how !!!! . i did try to short the Midi region but it still playing over .

thanks for the Help

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

This instrument is different because it contains its own sequencer where you define the grooves. when a groove is triggered, playback is continuous until the B-2 keyswitch (stop playback) is pressed. So when you adjust a midi region that causes the B-2 note to not be triggered, then playback of the internal sequencer continues.

Since the midi region end does not trigger any actual midi message, Kontakt would have no message to tell it to "Stop" playing, so this is definitely not a Kontakt Issue. So based on the link I posted before, Logic has the ability to send a "All Notes Off" message at the end of a Midi region. I use mainly Cakewalk and do not have the option, so if any region editing is done using SFG, I manually have to go in and add a B-2 event at the end of the region or playback continues.

• tomtommy45

ok i understand now thanks for the help .