Komplete S88 MKII Sustain Pedal problems

Options
2»

Answers

• Phillip Jones
    Phillip Jones Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Sustain pedals do not work with the S88. I'm into my 27th hour trying to figure this out. It's a horrible bug in the keyboard I think and no way to fix

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    Options

@Phillip Jones There's no reported bug regarding sustain pedals and MK2 keyboards, it's either an issue with MIDI assingments or a hardware issue. I see that yoiu have submitted a request, my colleagues will help you out to determaine what the issue is. I assume you have tried the steps:

Tips: How to fix sustain pedal issues on our keyboards.

• Lautaro Tanok
    Lautaro Tanok Member Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I already tried everything the support says, in fact they made me buy a pedal because they sent me a compatibility list and it doesn't work either, that is to say, I voted my money in the trash, send a video on the platform on which you request sent the videos and they didn't look at it in time so after several days without a response I have to upload it again, they offered me a detail for a service with me and they didn't give me anything because they didn't read my messages, I have had a terrible experience with native instruments lately, as you can see in the responses they sent me, native instruments does recognize a problem with the serious s88mk2 and the sustain, I would like them to have the courage to recognize that they are making a mistake instead of covering up with the The same blanket covers the entire Native Instruments team.

• Lautaro Tanok
    Options

I think you are correct, it is a hardware error and they do not want to accept it.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited January 23
    Options

@Lautaro Tanok We are sorry that you have issues with the keyboard and the sustain pedal. I checked your ticket and there seems to be a lot of miscommunication, one of my colleagues will get back to you shortly.

Now, regarding a bug, we don't shy away from bugs, as you can see on this forum, where we even identify them with bug numbers so everyone, be it a user, a support agent or a dev can refer to.

I'm not sure where the screenshot you posted are coming from but the decription of the said bug makes little sense "you have to open up Komplete Kontrol and rebuild the cc64 setting for whatever jack you have the sus plugged in."

That's a screenshot from 2020 and underneath you show a message from support regarding a bug from December 2023, no mention of the bug number or what issue it is supposed to reflect, where is that from? The same thread? One of your tickets? I'm genuinely trying to understand wher all this is coming from.

I've personnally dealt with many cases with sustain pedals and our keyboards. Most of the time it's due to wrong MIDI assignments, in rare occasions it's a hardware default and we forward to our hardware department. My colleagues will get back to you to determine the next steps.

• Lautaro Tanok
    Options

Hello, first I thank you for trying to understand me, I don't know English and I have to use the translator, the 2020 photo is from another forum and is not mine, but it is evidence that there is a persistent problem for some users for some years now. with the s88 mk2, I have seen comments on the web about the problem, regarding the support Sebastian has tried to be friendly and I am very sorry to have to be so insistent to get attention, I am going to try to explain the problem so that I can You understand, the sustain pedal function is unstable, sometimes it works for a few minutes and then stops working or works erratically, it remains sustained even if you release it, or it does not receive any signal from the pedal, I make sure that no knob or button is occupied the cc64, and that the pedal is on cc 64 just as you say, the configuration is fine, I understand perfectly how it is configured and why, in today's support the advisor sends me a photo telling me that I have the device configured incorrectly and He sends me a photo to configure the sustain because according to him there is a difference, the native instruments advisor is telling me that my sustain pedal is incorrectly configured because it should not be in gate but in absolute, I invite you to go to the komplete kontrol application and put the sustain in absolute mode so you understand what I mean.

• Phillip Jones
    Phillip Jones Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

On one hand Jeremy is saying there isn't a known bug. On the other hand Pedro at NI is saying there is a known bug with the S88 not working with sustain function. I had an Mgear with no polarity switch that worked fine with my Komplete Kontrol 88. I sold that and bought the Komplete S88. there is definitely a huge problem with it not functioning. I bought a sustain pedal with a polarity switch like I was advised. It's still not working. I paid 1,500 for this keyboard. My studio is shut down. I've lost work. I'm into days on end trying to get the SUSTAIN PEDAL to work. The SUSTAIN PEDAL! I've gone through all the articles on NI's site. None apple to the MK3 or the S88. I have gone into the keyboard and set the MIDI settings to exactly what the the long instructions say. It's a SUSTAIN PEDAL! I have a keyboard that doesn't work with a sustain pedal. None of the tech stuff from NI works. I'm pulling my hair out. I couldn't wait for this keyboard (which was sold out for over two months). Now I'm crying in my soup that I sold my other keyboard and my studio is dead. What do I do? Why is this issue even there? Why is Jeremy contradicting Pedro the NI representative I've been emailing with who has put in writing that the S88 has a known issue that may not be fixable through software or firmware solution. Then he just left me hanging telling me to go "build" a polarity switch. ******!!!! Somebody at NI please help me!!!!!!!

• Lautaro Tanok
    Options

Since I see that you have been interested in helping me, I want to express other discomforts to you. 1: The platform where attachments must be uploaded for technical support bothers me a lot since they are deleted after 72 hours. 2: It bothers me a lot not to have faster communication, sometimes it takes days to receive a response, and when I receive the response I see that they have not read my previous messages. 3: The abandonment of native instruments by the user who has already bought one of their devices bothers me a lot, taking into account how other companies work, for example that the s88 mk2 has a firmware from 2019, we are in 2024 for God's sake, there are no new features This is stagnant, it is as if they had already abandoned development. Do you know the customer service of Universal Audio, the UAD products are solid, you feel the respect for the customer, the spirit of innovation, it is a pleasure to use their products, at this moment I do not feel that it is the best moment for Native Instruments and I hope they manage to take back the reins and create a bond of friendship with the client.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Phillip Jones Let's get the facts straight, before dwelling into conspiracy theories and bugs we would like to keep hidden, according to you.

You have a MK3 keyboard, the implementation is completely different. Yes, there are known issues regarding certain pedals and their polarities and the implementation is being looked into as we speak. We recommend certain pedals at the moment. My colleague never mentioned a bug, btw.

@Lautaro Tanok is dealing with a MK2 keyboard, not the same implementation. Again, not a bug but it seems the sustain pedal works intermittently, and that is unusual, because it"s unusual, it requires a little more time for troubleshooting. To be sure this is a hardware issue, we need to check a few things, otherwise, he would get his unit sent back and the problem would not be solved.

@Lautaro Tanok I understand the frustration, having to deal with this for such a long time. I'd recommend to try on another computer, see if the behaviour is the same, that would confirm or infirm or contradict it's a hardware issue.

• Lautaro Tanok
    Options

I have a Mac and a Windows laptop and the result is the same.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited January 30
    Options

@Lautaro Tanok I've forwarded your ticket to our hardware team, they will let you know the next steps. Sorry that it took that long to get there.

• Lautaro Tanok
    Options

Thank you very much Jeremy, I think I finally managed to get better customer service from native instruments, unfortunately my keyboard is out of warranty so now I have a serious problem. But it is important that they always listen to the users, and that they work to improve the policies to have better communication with us, much success to you and Sebastian, thank you again.