Remove unwanted license

Options
Arthur Neeman
Arthur Neeman Member Posts: 38 Member
edited July 2023 in Native Access

This probably is the only way to get rid of unwanted freebies, demos etc.

If you need to remove unwanted license from your NI account, create second account and transfer license to it using NI webpage.

But... If I started this theme, I will continue my fantasies :)

Better if we would have a button inside Native Access - Remove license from account. It could be safe, because everyone has licenses stored in safe place and once they could be removed from NI account, they can be added again as it happened right after purchase.

For more safety there could be another feature Export licenses to xml file and on import stage user could select which license to import.

Of course the most significant button would be Uninstall just to not to run any Uninstall programs. Because NI knows better how to clean a place after libraries and its tools. This uninstall stage should also remove all downloaded parts for library that is being uninstalled.

I would say this is the right time to add such buttons, because everyone's collection of libraries gets bigger and bigger, and sometime we just need to clean the house.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,805 Expert
    Options

Generally none of that would work as expected. Beside Uninstall, which would be nice.

If you want to get rid of licences, you may ask NI to remove them permanently from account. I did it few times.

• Arthur Neeman
    Options

Okay, thanks.

It's the cheapest solution.

No one wants to work hard these days :)

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,621 admin
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @Arthur Neeman Uninstall feature is coming. :) Check out the roadmap from the Native Access Product Manager here.

• Arthur Neeman
    Options

Ou, yesss! Thank you very much :) Bookmarked!

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,805 Expert
    Options

Better if we would have a button inside Native Access - Remove license from account. It could be safe, because everyone has licenses stored in safe place and once they could be removed from NI account, they can be added again as it happened right after purchase.

What if one has more than one licence? What if that licence is NFR? What if that licence comes with HW and cannot be removed? What if that licence is Base Licence for another licence?

It seems to me that having two accounts and transfer "unwanted" licences is the easiest way. Also one has "free" licences handy at one place...

Bigger problem are "leftover" licences, if one sells HW often. One might have many, many licences that just clutter account and cannot be removed, unless NI removes them on request.

• Arthur Neeman
    edited July 2023
    Options

Okay. Today I met another problem - I have Ashlight updage license - it came as a "complete your bundle" update (for lowered price) - I had K13 with Pharlight and Straylight and of course I wanted Ashlight when it came out long before K14 last year. Now I upgraded to K14UCE which includes Ashlight. So I have unwanted Ashlight license which I tried to transfer to second account just to not to see it in my account. It's not possible, because the second account don't have Pharlight and Straylight to which the Ashlight update license could be applied.

The same happened on Session Guitarist - Electric Sunburst Deluxe which I bought long before it was added to Komplete. Now I have it bundled in K14UCE and my existing license also came as update to all existing Session Guitarist libraries (if I remember correctly).

So in this case the second account won't help. I can sell those two licenses to users who are eligible to use them as an update to their libraries. I'm sure I won't find right user so better would be to remove them - delete and forget.