How do I resolve "Installation Failed" for Massive?

Options
metrosuperstar
metrosuperstar Member Posts: 15 Member

Hi, I've been able to update everything except the original Massive. I tried using the Windows uninstaller to remove it and start fresh when the UPDATE was throwing me the Failed error due to Invalid Location. But nothing seems to fix it. Its path is the same as all my other instruments, and what's odd is that if I look at the installation path for this particular one, it shows....nothing.

I reached out to NI but didn't receive any assistance for this so I'm hoping someone can help. Here are screenshots to illustrate the issue.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• metrosuperstar
    edited July 2023 Answer βœ“
    Options

Thanks for your assistance. I was able to resolve but I'm not sure how as I only noticed your last reply today.

I do know that I had deleted some Massive keys in the registry, and moved the Native Access database file out of the folder to let it rebuild itself upon launch. Which on its own didn't work so I placed it back in the folder. Launched a few times... eventually worked. I really don't know what exactly solved it but I appreciate you taking the time to go into details here to help me out!

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,376 mod
    Options

Run Native Access as Administrator

If still fails then, check where is the original Massive (since what you trying to install is an update)

• metrosuperstar
    edited July 2023
    Options

Well, I found maybe why it's not able to update... it doesn't even look like it's installed!

However, the option to Reinstall is disabled!

Is there anywhere I can delete whatever has Native Access thinking this is already installed?

This would explain why it was asking to update, not install. It thinks somehow that it's installed.

• Sunborn
    Options

You already tried to uninstall it through Windows (not through Native Access), right?

• metrosuperstar
    Options

I believe I did in the past, when I first had the issue with updating it. But right now I wouldn't be able to since it doesn't show up at all in the list.

• Sunborn
    Options
  • metrosuperstar
    Options

I was very confident in this solution you recommended....until.. you won't believe this:

Massive is missing from the list of VSTs!

• Sunborn
    Options

Then i am out of ideas...

Actually i know what you have to do, but, its a bit complicate and you need a basic knowledge of windows registry.

It will take a bit long time to explain, but if you feel up to it, we can continue tomorrow.

Otherwise, if you can not, the best thing is to contact Native Instruments Support.

• metrosuperstar
    Options

Oh I totally know my way around.

Should i just remove the registry key for massive and try a fresh install?

• Sunborn
    edited July 2023
    Options

Unfortunately it is not that easy!

Of course you don't need to clean all that! There are 3 or 4 specific values that have to be deleted, but it's a long shot for now. It will take sometime to find them, but i will have a look tomorrow.

Those 2 keys have to be deleted for sure:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\302FD19416B7E0F4DBBC1A12C8D4FA9E

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\302FD19416B7E0F4DBBC1A12C8D4FA9E

but maybe is not enough.... give it a try and we continue tomorrow

• metrosuperstar
    edited July 2023 Answer βœ“
    Options

Thanks for your assistance. I was able to resolve but I'm not sure how as I only noticed your last reply today.

I do know that I had deleted some Massive keys in the registry, and moved the Native Access database file out of the folder to let it rebuild itself upon launch. Which on its own didn't work so I placed it back in the folder. Launched a few times... eventually worked. I really don't know what exactly solved it but I appreciate you taking the time to go into details here to help me out!

• Billy D
    Billy D Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

I uninstalled Native Access 2, and reinstalled and older version. I was able to install all the programs that weren't installing. The one program that still didn't install I found the download folder where it was located and I unzipped the file and installed it myself. That's how I got around the file location error. Then you can go ahead and reinstall Native Access 2.