Install progress indicator (annoying) , N.A. 3.4

Options
PoorFellow
PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,917 mod
edited June 2023 in Native Access

In Native Access 2 (V 3.4.0 ?) in downloads section there is an install indicator in the form of a slider that slides back and forth on the screen rather rapidly. Please get rid of this annoying thing and either replace it with something more pleasing to mind or with a simple percentage number or with a more ordinary one way volume slider left to right..

OR

make the interface experience customizable so that people at N.I. can get their slider rapid forth and back movement and other people can get something else !

Thank you !

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,602 admin
    Options

The Native Access team is now receiving feature requests through this form here. Feel free to drop your suggestion there instead. :)

• PoorFellow
    edited July 2023
    Options

Done ! Thank you !

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 278 mod
    Options

Hey, thanks! I saw the feedback pop in on our end.

The bouncing progress bar is not a glitch. For downloads we're able to determine the progress in %, but we're unable to determine the progress of the installation step, which is why it's bouncing to indicate that there's ongoing activity (necessary on Windows devices as there it could take some time). We'd love to invest time in this, but truth is that we're working to overhaul our installer technology that'll make the install step redundant anyway.

In the meantime, thank you for the feedback!

• PoorFellow
    Options

Thank you for the info @Hayo_NI

Just for the record then I never neither called it a glitch nor did I comprehend it as being so , only as being very annoying/stressful because of the rapid movement forth and back !

I hope that the installer technology overhaul will go as planned without any major mishaps and show to be an improvement on needed levels 😺

• Avasopht
    Avasopht Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Great to hear it's being overhauled. That makes a lot more sense now.