I can't find "Maschine Mk3 Virtual In/Out" in Logic Pro anywhere!! Please help

Options
henriquedib
henriquedib Member Posts: 18 Member
edited June 2023 in Maschine

Hi all,

I have tried everything...followed several videos...have tried setting up a new control surface as "Mackie Control" but when it comes to setting the output and input ports (logic>control surfaces>setup), the option "Maschine Mk3 Virtual In/Out" is NOT there!

also went to logic>setting>MIDI>inputs...and they don't show there!

I just want to be able to use the Maschine Mk3 PADS to trigger midi modes in logic

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Best Answer

• henriquedib
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi All, all good I solve the issue. I now see the virtual ports in logic. I did a few things:

1- deleted the file com.apple.logic.pro.cs (on library>preferences). It rebuilds again automatically

2- deactivated IAC driver (inside AUDIO/MIDI setup) and then restarted the computer, activated the driver again

3- deleted the 'Mackie control' profile inside the NI controller editor

4- also deleted it inside logic, so I am just now using my KK-S88 and MASCHINE MK3 controllers at the same time

I believe that either the file was corrupted or/and having Maschine Mk3 AND Mackie Control activated at the same time was causing some kind of conflict.

I am not sure what did the trick here, but it is working now...that's what matters.

Thanks for the help anyway. I will leave the post here in case it helps others

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,293 Expert
    Options

Is mk3 set to midi mode?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

Reinstall Maschine just in case.

Open MacOS's 'Audio MIDI Setup' app, press ⌘2 to show the MIDI device window, and check if the mk3 virtual driver shows up active there.

• henriquedib
    Options

hey guys, thanks for your help.

@LostInFoundation Yes, of course. It is in MIDI mode.

@D-One it only shows this (see pic). Should the 'Maschine Mk3 virtual in/out" be listed below "Maschine MK3" on the "Maschine MK3 Properties" window? Can you tell me if yours does?

• henriquedib
    Options

Another pic of what I see.

question:

1- Why do I see 2 "Maschine MK3 virtual input" under logic>settings>MIDI>inputs (yellow box)?

2- Why they don't show up when I am adding the new control surface (Mackie Control)?

• henriquedib
    Options

Do I need to change something inside the controller editor?

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Options

I am no Logic expert, but i can clearly see that your Maschine MK3 is there! Why matters if has not the same name? What really matter is: Does it work?

• henriquedib
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi All, all good I solve the issue. I now see the virtual ports in logic. I did a few things:

1- deleted the file com.apple.logic.pro.cs (on library>preferences). It rebuilds again automatically

2- deactivated IAC driver (inside AUDIO/MIDI setup) and then restarted the computer, activated the driver again

3- deleted the 'Mackie control' profile inside the NI controller editor

4- also deleted it inside logic, so I am just now using my KK-S88 and MASCHINE MK3 controllers at the same time

I believe that either the file was corrupted or/and having Maschine Mk3 AND Mackie Control activated at the same time was causing some kind of conflict.

I am not sure what did the trick here, but it is working now...that's what matters.

Thanks for the help anyway. I will leave the post here in case it helps others