Upgrading from Ultimate 13 to Ultimate 14 - where to install content?

Options
hkrabye
hkrabye Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited June 2023 in Native Access

I just purchased the upgrade to Ultimate 14, and I already have the content of Ultimate 13 installed on an external hard drive. When installing Ultimate 13, where should I set the path? Should I use the old folder Ultimate 13 as the target, or should I first create a new folder named Ultimate 14 and install all the content there?

I am asking because I chose the second option, and now I have problems with the new content which already exists in the Ultimate 13 folder. I am asked to Locate several folders (like the "Abbey Road 60s Drums" etc.). These existing folders are within the Ultimate 13 folder, but I get an error message when pointing to these folders.

I need help understanding how I can merge naturally the content of Ultimate 13 and 14 without loosing the connection to the content in Ultimate 13 when continue working on projects that used the content in the Ultimate 13 folder.

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,799 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, it should work, that it may be in the same folder, or any other folder/disc.

But, it does not work so, in your case....

Do you install it on computer where Ultimate 13 is installed, or on a new computer? If the latter is the case, you should first run NA and relocate everything... And after that install new things from Ultimate 14.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,799 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, it should work, that it may be in the same folder, or any other folder/disc.

But, it does not work so, in your case....

Do you install it on computer where Ultimate 13 is installed, or on a new computer? If the latter is the case, you should first run NA and relocate everything... And after that install new things from Ultimate 14.