Anyone having hardware issues after updating to Logic Pro 10.7.8?

Options
carliii
carliii Member Posts: 20 Member

I updated to Logic Pro 10.7.8 and notice some of the transport controls no longer work correctly. I deleted the files labeled "com.apple.logic.pro.cs" and "com.apple.logic10.plist" and this did not correct the issue. I also discovered in this new update to Logic that the Control Surface Setup screen has been removed. Logic displayed a "would you like to connect" message for both my S88 MK2 and Maschine MK3 yet the errors in transport controls still exist. I am unable to manually add control surfaces in this new update to Logic. My firmware is up to date. Has Native Instruments done any kind of firmware update to allow for correct mapping within Logic given the update? Thank you.

PS: Native Instruments. Many of us who are very loyal to your brand have requested numerous times for Native Instruments to create its own official DAW. While Logic is officially supported by Native Instruments I do believe a lot of what we experience in errors would dissipate if NI had its own native DAW. Perhaps stick with the name "Komplete Kontrol" and create a DAW that gives users 'komplete kontrol' over the music production experience from idea creation to the final master. It would also say goodbye to opening multiple instances of Komplete Kontrol and Kontakt and instead allow us to load sounds and instruments directly into created tracks within this DAW. I notice Logic has a step sequencer built into now. Could you imagine a full DAW called Komplete Kontrol that natively had Maschine built into it as it's step sequencer? Please consider creating a Native Instruments DAW! Thank you.

Best Answer

• carliii
    Answer ✓
    Options

UPDATE:

I deleted the files labeled "com.apple.logic.pro.cs" and "com.apple.logic10.plist".

In logic I deleted all controller surfaces.

I restarted the computer.

I powered on the S88 MK2 and Maschine MK3.

I opened Maschine 2 and closed it.

I opened Komplete Kontrol and used a few instruments then closed it.

I opened logic then received and accepted the "would you like to accept" message for both controllers.

I opened a new project and voila, everything works.

I hope this helps anyone experiencing this! Have a great day!

PS: Native Instruments, I still want you to design, create, and release a DAW! :-)

Answers

• carliii
    Options

UPDATE:

Settings - Advanced - Enable Complete Features

This brings up the Control Surfaces Setup option. However I am still experiencing transport control issues even after manually adding the control surfaces.

• carliii
    Answer ✓
    Options

UPDATE:

I deleted the files labeled "com.apple.logic.pro.cs" and "com.apple.logic10.plist".

In logic I deleted all controller surfaces.

I restarted the computer.

I powered on the S88 MK2 and Maschine MK3.

I opened Maschine 2 and closed it.

I opened Komplete Kontrol and used a few instruments then closed it.

I opened logic then received and accepted the "would you like to accept" message for both controllers.

I opened a new project and voila, everything works.

I hope this helps anyone experiencing this! Have a great day!

PS: Native Instruments, I still want you to design, create, and release a DAW! :-)

• carliii
    Options

UPDATE:

The original issue has returned. I repeated the steps taken to resolve the issue and nothing works at this time. Can anyone at NI help with this? Will there be further firmware updates to fix this issue in regards to transport controls? Thank you.

• carliii
    Options

UPDATE:

The transport controls in Logic still have issues. However, one solution was to simply try another DAW and I went to Pro Tools! The transport controls work very well. The integration is so good that even when I switch tracks, the moment I select a track that has any native instruments instance my S88 and associated screens and lights immediately adjusts to that instrument. This was not happening in Logic. Thank you Pro Tools and NI! :-)