Access violation when Starting Traktor 2.11 on Windows 11

Options
bpeshev
bpeshev Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi people,

I cannot start Traktor after installation of Traktor on Windows 11 22h2. The app crashes and the event log says access violation (c0000005). How to remediate this?

Best Answers

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,369 mod
    Options

C0000005 is a memory error. Specifically is an access violation error caused by a buffer overrun. Access Violation is a type of Exception caused when an application Reads, Writes or Executes an invalid Memory Address.

In simple language, something is wrong with your memory (or at least, with the way Traktor uses it).

So.... details, give us details! We are not the Oracle of Delphi. :-) Any info about your memory, and also, what is your audio card and if you also use a Traktor (or other) controller.

• bpeshev
    Options

Hi Sunborn,

thanks for having the time to answer! Using CPU-Z I am sharing you the details of my computer memory.

Currently no audio interface is installed or connected to the computer. I am using the internal laptop device. Updated the drivers, checked Windows memory diagnostics - nothing detected.

This is the other computer information:

I will be happy if this information gives you some clues :)

• Sunborn
    Answer ✓
    Options

Oh, you have a Tiger Lake CPU... and there is the problem!

I copy this from another topic (info by Mark_NI, Native Instruments Customer Care):

"The error description suggest that you are running quite recent Windows computers with intel Ice Lake, Tiger lake or Alder lake CPUs.

These CPUs prevent Traktor Pro 2 versions between 2.7 and 2.11.3 to start.

It's not clear what exactly is causing this problem - specification-wise it should work as these processors easily fulfill Traktor 2´s requirements.

There are two ways to fix this problem: either to downgrade your Traktor Pro 2 to the version 2.6.6 or purchase an update to Traktor Pro 3.

You can download an installer for Traktor Pro 2.6.8 HERE (which is the latest Pro 2 version that is not affected by the phenomenon). There is no need to remove your current Pro 2 installation beforehand.

Alternatively, you can upgrade to Traktor Pro 3 via the following link:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/traktor/dj-software/traktor-pro-3/pricing/"

• bpeshev
    Options

Hi Sunborn,

thanks for letting me know this. I think I will downgrade in order to be able to run Traktor. Thanks for the help!

• Sunborn
    Answer ✓
    Options

You're welcome. Also please click the "accept answer" button to mark this post as solved, thanks