Unable to turn effects on or off from the 8 knobs on the S88 mk2

Options
Daniel O Brien
Daniel O Brien Member Posts: 13 Member

Hi,

I can't seem to find out how to do this but I'm unable to turn off or on an effect contained within an instrument using the 8 knobs under the screens on the S88 MK2. I'll add 2 screenshots below to demonstrate what I mean. The screenshots are for "Action Strikes" and "Session String Pro 2".

Turning these knobs or tapping them does nothing. I'm sure there must be a way to do this that I haven't seen yet (or I'm missing something very simple which is very possible). The only way I seem to be able to enable these is just with the mouse instead of directly on the s88. Keep in mind I have I have paged across and tested these knobs on other params and they work fine. I'm sure I'm just missing something basic here but any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Tagged:

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Did you try to simply turn them A LOT? Knobs with assigned parameters that have only 2 positions (like ON/OFF) have always involved turning them of almost 360 degrees. I don’t know if this is the case, but I remember being guessing like you why it didn’t work on my MK3 till I discovered that I wasn’t turning them enough

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    Answer ✓
    Options

Did you try to simply turn them A LOT? Knobs with assigned parameters that have only 2 positions (like ON/OFF) have always involved turning them of almost 360 degrees. I don’t know if this is the case, but I remember being guessing like you why it didn’t work on my MK3 till I discovered that I wasn’t turning them enough

• Daniel O Brien
    Daniel O Brien Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

@LostInFoundation I could have sworn I had tried this before but I must not have rotated the knob enough. Your suggestion worked! Thanks a lot for this.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

You’re welcome

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

This is why binary settings like this are best controlled by buttons, not endless rotaries (like Kore used to have, and NI keyboards have but don't use). I hope the next version of their keyboards have mappable buttons as well as knobs (this is an old FR)