M32 + Komplete Ultimate Bundle

Options
Asaf
Asaf Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Question regarding the M32 + Komplet Ultimate bundle: It is written that the Komplet Ultimate's download is available immediately, but in the product details it is written that the offer consists of 2 seperate softwares - Komplet Select (which includes with the M32), and upgrade for Komplet Ultimate. I have no Komplet Select yet.

My question is can I download the Komplet Select + Ultimate immediately after the purchase, Or do I have to wait for the MIDI keyboard to arrive in the shipping process before I can use and download the Komplet Ultimate.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

It's written in the article:

Usually, attached software products can only be activated after registering the hardware. But please note that all bundles that include KOMPLETE flavors come with an additional product that allows you to use your bigger KOMPLETE Update/Upgrade straight away without having to wait for your hardware to arrive. Here are the instructions.

For M32, these 2 products must be activated first:

• KOMPLETE KONTROL M32KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 Collection + KOMPLETE 14 Select Upgrade for Collections

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    Options

In order to have the included softwares you have to register the hardware. So…yes, you must wait to have the keyboard with its serial

• Titus
    Titus Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Are you sure about that? Because NI has a KB article specifically for this case https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003614457-Summer-of-Sound-Special-2023-How-To-Activate-a-Hardware-Software-Bundle- where they state:

Usually, attached software products can only be activated after registering the hardware. But please note that all bundles that include KOMPLETE flavors come with an additional product that allows you to use your bigger KOMPLETE Update/Upgrade straight away without having to wait for your hardware to arrive.

[...]

KOMPLETE KONTROL M32: KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 Collection + KOMPLETE 14 Select Upgrade for Collections

• LostInFoundation
    Options

Effectively it is unclear since what you are citing (which seems to say the opposite of their normal rules)

I based my answer on what the normal rules of NI are and also on some answers customer care service gave here in the forum lately (even my post here has been marked as “accepted answer” from them).

And even the article you linked is not that clear. They talk about installing Monark from the “smaller” bundle in order to then have access to Komplete Select. Therefore if it is feasible, once you have Select registered you should be able to also activate the upgrade to Ultimate…

But then they also say in the last sentence “Important: In order to unlock all included products of your Hardware/Software bundle (e.g. the MASCHINE Software), register your hardware device as explained in this article.”

Not clear at all…

Therefore, if you ask me if I’m sure about that…no, I’m not so sure anymore 😶

• Titus
    Titus Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Indeed, very confusing stuff. That last sentence you quoted kind of goes against the rest of the article lol, I wish they'd elaborate on that. I've also seen that very KB article mentioned in another support page regarding activation errors: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000761458-Native-Access-Error-Message-Activating-Product-failed-you-are-missing-the-base-product-

One bit of knowledge I can share since I have found myself in the very case described by Asaf (M32 + Komplete Standard Bundle) is that I am unable to active any software, including those found in the Select Bundle, unless I register the hardware. None of the steps described in any support article have worked for me, yet.

So, to those of you wondering if buying those bundles grants you immediate access to the Komplete suite of software, the answer is probably no.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

About the last sentence in their article, if what they refer to is ONLY Maschine (and not “e.g” Maschine as they say), it is a program that they give you with the hardware but it’s not part of any Komplete Bundle. Therefore maybe they felt obliged to say it, since even installing Komplete won’t give you ALL the softwares you’ll have once the hw gets registered

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    Options

This is to cover BUNDLES with upgrades since you need to first register the bundle and then register the upgrade to the bundle since this is a special offer thing.

The upgrade will be tied to the hardware bundle so you will need to wait for the hardware for the serial to register. You should then have an upgrade serial which can be used to upgrade that bundle to the Ultimate version.

You can register an account and download the Komplete Start if you wanted to get Komplete Kontrol first but in order to access the actual content, even if you have been emailed the serial for the upgrade you will likely need to register the hardware first to upgrade it.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,965 mod
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

It's written in the article:

Usually, attached software products can only be activated after registering the hardware. But please note that all bundles that include KOMPLETE flavors come with an additional product that allows you to use your bigger KOMPLETE Update/Upgrade straight away without having to wait for your hardware to arrive. Here are the instructions.

For M32, these 2 products must be activated first:

• KOMPLETE KONTROL M32KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 Collection + KOMPLETE 14 Select Upgrade for Collections