how to add automation to fxs to turn them on and off?

Options
Taddeo
Taddeo Member Posts: 6 Member

I want to be able to make an FX go off at a specific point in the clip in Maschine Software but I can't seem to figure it out. On Logic you have the option when you open up automation it gives you the option to draw when you want the FX to come on and off.

All help is appreciated.

Thank you :D

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,307 Expert
    Options

It should work the same way. What can’t you achieve?

• Taddeo
    Options

I have a clip in a group where one of the instruments has an instance of Valhalla reverb. I don't want the Valhalla to affect the instrument the entire clip, instead I want it to come on only at the end of the clip but remain off at the beginning. (I hope this makes sense).

When I open automation in the software it only gives me option to automate parameters but I can't find one to make the plugin go on or off unless I manually click it, but then this wouldn't work for me.

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023
    Options

Valhalla VintageVerb?

In any case, if you automate Mix parameter you should be able to achieve on/off

• Taddeo
    Options

Yes, it's not exactly the method I was looking to apply but a general approach to every third party plugin in case they don't bring a mix/output knob.

Thanks for your support though :D

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I just tested another way to achieve this, with a very nice Reaktor ensemble, but still have to study it a little bit

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/14799/

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,800 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Most third party plugins have mix level in their automation list though so this should work in most cases - many also allow bypass to be automated

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited June 2023
    Options

Assuming you want to keep the reverb tail, dry/wet won't help anyway as it will abruptly stop the verb when you modulate it to 0%

It's the same as with any DAW, just a little bit more awkward since Maschine has no "true" Send/Aux Tracks.

Load your FX on a separate Pad then use the AUX on the Pad/Group you want to affect and Modulate the Send Out Level:

People who need this often usually save a Group with a few of FX loaded and reuse it in their projects.

For AUX there are only 2 tho, no idea why there's this absurd limitation. For more, you can use the Audio Out but then you also have to deal with dry/wet as the method to turn it off and it's own limitations.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,358 Expert
    Options

Mixing 101! So simple, yet so effective!

I had completely forgotten about that possibility, which is also nice if you want to use the same performance effects on various sounds.

And it saves resources, which is great for the M+.

• Taddeo
    Options

Thank you ALL x