Kontakt within Komplete Kontrol CC11 issue

Options
Pastastique
Pastastique Member Posts: 7 Member
edited June 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi Folks, I ran NI Session Horns Pro today within Komplete Kontrol in Cubase. It did not respond to the touch strip on the S88 (CC11-expression), and neither did it respond to the CC11 automation in Cubase. When I use Session Horns Pro in kontakt in Cubase, it works great....

Whilst waiting on response from helpdesk I did another experiment; Running kontakt stand-alone, the touch strip on my S88 works great. Session horns pro expression reacts as expected (Expression). After closing Kontakt I opened Komplete Kontrol (Stand alone) and opened up an instance of Kontakt in it. Now Sessions Horns Pro does not see the CC11 info coming in??? I can see Komplete Kontrol is receiving the midi info, but somehow is not communicating that to Kontakt. To me this proves it is not a S88 issue but a Komplete Kontrol issue. What to do?

Best Answer

• Pastastique
    Answer ✓
    Options

Solved it!

I completely uninstalled Komplete Kontrol and re-installed it. Problem solved. It is true what they say; Solve complex issues, with Simple solutions! Thanks for caring @LostInFoundation !

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Options

Open at Support a ticket and report the KK issue to NI developer, please.

But take a look at the top of the support:

• Pastastique
    Options

I already did (3946276), but waiting on a response. I was hoping that in the meanwhile somebody out there might have an answer.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,291 Expert
    Options

Check if anything else is assigned to CC11 in Komplete Kontrol

• Pastastique
    Options

Hi @LostInFoundation , yes it does, that is how I know CC11 is making it to Komplete Kontrol. It seems to be changing #000 (Top left), but very erratic. Thanks in advance.

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023
    Options

I see one thing in your picture (maybe unrelated, but worth a try): Midi channel is assigned to Omni. Try to change it.

Even if this isn’t Session Horns pro, is it?

• Pastastique
    edited June 2023
    Options

You are right, @LostInFoundation, this is not Session Horn Pro, but same problem with this VST.

I added an instance of Session Horns pro below it (on Midi Channel 1). Still Kontakt not seeing CC11 (Expression). It does, however, seems to alter "Humanize" (left on top) and in Session Horns, but also very erratic. Somehow, Kontakt is not getting CC11 as Expression, but Komplete Kontroll is interpreting it as Humanize, but very choppy. The fact is, it all works fine in Stand alone Kontakt.

• LostInFoundation
    Options

To make a definitive test I would avoid stocking instruments. Try opening only Session Horns Pro and select the midi channel

• Pastastique
    edited June 2023
    Options

Just did that. Same result. Feel like I tried it all the last couple of days.

BTW; The exact same thing happens when using CC11 automation data from track within Cubase.

• Pastastique
    Options

Another experiment; Komplete Kontrol in Stand-alone mode and loaded Kontakt Session Horns pro.

Mod and Pitch wheel are working and do what they are supposed to do in SHP. However, the touch strip (cc11/expression) still does not???

• Pastastique
    Answer ✓
    Options

Solved it!

I completely uninstalled Komplete Kontrol and re-installed it. Problem solved. It is true what they say; Solve complex issues, with Simple solutions! Thanks for caring @LostInFoundation !

• LostInFoundation
    Options

You’re welcome. Thank you for updating with solution