Kontakt 7 Player/Scarbee Rhodes Mk1 FX

Options
Musicbysterling
Musicbysterling Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

Hello,

I just recently purchased the Scarbee Vintage Keyboards bundle. As this is the only NI related software I own, I'm using Kontakt 7 Player. I've discovered that in attempting to edit the FX Type, specifically chorus and comp, that these FX seem to be only on/off. When I turn on Chorus, the Intensity and Speed controls don't have any any effect on the sound, nor does Hz drop down menu. With the Comp turned on, there doesn't seem to be any controls whatsoever the adjust the rate. What am I missing here?

Thx

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Musicbysterling You need to click on the name "chorus" to show the proper settings, not just the on/off button. See this gif, you can see when I click on the name, the name box gets a little darker, the controls change, is it clearer now?

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,285 Expert
    Options

Do you mean you are trying to edit the instrument (which is not doable in Player version) or that you can’t change the values of those fxs?

Have you tried to open it in Komplete Kontrol (where all the parameters are already mapped to NI keyboards or can be mapped to any other third party midi controller)?

• Musicbysterling
    Options

I'm using Kontakt in Gig Performer with an Arturia Keylab 88 mk2. With GP, I can create widgets and map them to chorus depth which I have done, but was just confused that I can't seem to find those parameters in Scarbee itself. With the full version of Kontakt 7, will this be possible. And as I mentioned in my initial post, I am confused as to why the Depth and Level controls don't seem to make any difference when I attempt to adjust them from the Scarbee interface itself. Is that simply a limitation of using Player itself?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Musicbysterling You need to click on the various effects (click on the name of the fx) and turn them on/off.

For Chorus, once high lighted (or in focus, I don't know how to explain it better) the options are depth and level. I believe that in your initial post you mention Intensity and Speed which are the parameters for the Pan options.

• Musicbysterling
    Options

Sorry it's taken so long to reply to my OP. To reiterate, I have an instance of Kontakt Player opened up in Gig Performer. When I turn on the Chorus and manipulate the Intensity and Speed controls don't adjust the sound whatsoever. I can achieve this by creating widgets in GP and assign them to these controls however. Just to ensure I understand correctly, is this level of control only available with a full version of Kontakt?

Thx!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Musicbysterling The issue is not with Kontakt Player vs Kontakt Full. Can you post a screenshot or short video of the controls you move that have no effect?

• Musicbysterling
    Options

Here's a clip of me adjusting the intensity and speed of the chorus. As the audio shows, these controls don't seem to have any effect on the sound.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@Musicbysterling You need to click on the name "chorus" to show the proper settings, not just the on/off button. See this gif, you can see when I click on the name, the name box gets a little darker, the controls change, is it clearer now?

• Musicbysterling
    Options

Thx! I’ll check it out this evening

• Musicbysterling
    Options

Thank you Jeremy!