Komplete Kontrol not saving selected patches in saved DAW song.

evaluna
evaluna Member Posts: 8 Member

Hi, I recently updated to Komplete 14. Since then, some of the new instruments selected are not saved in Komplete Kontrol inside my DAW files . For example, I selected a patch in the NI Play series instrument "40s Own Keys", saved the track and when I re-opened it, the instrument was no longer loaded. This has happened to a few instruments in several different tracks, and it never once happened prior to upgrading to Komplete 14. As far as I can see, it is only happening to new instruments, it has not yet happened to any of the previously installed instruments. I have opened a support case as well, but if anyone has encountered this and managed to find a solution, I would appreciate hearing about it. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

@evaluna There was a recent Komplete Kontrol update fixing similar issues. Please update to 2.9.4 in Native Access. Does it still happen with the newest update?

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,254 Expert

Same situation has been reported by other users. I hope NI is aware now and that they will take actions to solve it

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert

What DAW/s are you using and what OS?

I believe there has been some issues identified around Logic and Cubase when using Kontakt so are these always Kontakt instruments you are using or does this also happen if you use something like Massive or a 3rd party instrument?

• evaluna

Hi, this is on Windows 10, using Cakewalk. I noticed a new KK patch has been released since I installed Komplete 14 last weekend, hopefully that addresses the issue.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert

I believe it should with Kontakt.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@evaluna There was a recent Komplete Kontrol update fixing similar issues. Please update to 2.9.4 in Native Access. Does it still happen with the newest update?

• evaluna

Hi Jeremy,

The most recent KK update appears to have resolved the problem. Thanks.

• wjoyce
    wjoyce Member Posts: 14 Member

Hi,

I've upgraded to 2.9.4 and I'm getting this when opening saved songs?

Is it related?

• Jeremy_NI

@wjoyce We would need more info on your system. Is it a Mac or a PC? M1? Intel? Were these projects saved on another system? What DAW are you using, etc....

• Inside_Agitator
    Inside_Agitator Member Posts: 10 Helper

Hello.

Since today I have the same problem.

When I open a project in Studio One all Komplete Kontrol instances are empty!

All other plugins are working well.

I am on 2.9.4

• wjoyce

Hi,

Apologies, Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.1926 - Intel i7-12700KF. Studio One 6.1.2. KK 2.9.4. All projects saved on this PC but open with the KK instances empty as shown above. Browser is ready and and the correct patch is highlighted, but the tile with the exclamation mark shows as per my original email. Double-clicking loads the patch as expected.

• Jeremy_NI

@Inside_Agitator What version of Studio One are you using?

• Jeremy_NI

@wjoyce and @Inside_Agitator Can you remember which instruments were used? Kontakt libraries, other instruments?

• wjoyce

I've noticed it with Piano Colors and Modular Icons, so Kontakt.

• Jeremy_NI

@wjoyce What version of Kontakt 7 are you using? Does it still happen if you update to the latest version (7.4.0)? Is this box ticked or unticked?

• Inside_Agitator
    Inside_Agitator Member Posts: 10 Helper

Sorry for my late answer!

I use the newest version of Studio One 6 Pro.

If I save a new project it looks like everthing works fine, but I habe at least 15 unfinished projects from before the last update with lost patches.