Nihostintegrationagent will not run even when starting manually

Options
Jdubbs75
Jdubbs75 Member Posts: 31 Member
edited June 2023 in Maschine

Hey there, i recently did a an update on maschine and komp kontrol yesterday from native access and now i cant connect hardware to software. Found nihostintegrationagent is stopped and i have tried to get it started multiple time nows and restarting pc afterwards to no avail. also when i go into services, and press start i get a

“windows could not start nihostintegrationagent service on local computer.

error 2: the system cannot find the specified file

i hope you Ni you guys can help me fix this issue without anything crazy like a new windows install.

Best Answer

• Jdubbs75
    Answer ✓
    Options

I dont know wth happened but i re-installed komplete kontrol in native access, went to task manager, eneded some microsoft edge browsers and voila everythings working again. NI you guys have some weird ass issues with your software. I have had to uninstall realtek drivers before to get my stuff working, as well as other steps.

Answers

• Jdubbs75
    Options

Another thing i noticed is in hardware folder in windows c/prog files/common files/NI/hardware NIhostintegrationagent folder is missing but NIhardwareservice is still there. My maschine and s61 controller wont connect to software so i assume the hostintegrstionagent needs to be running in the background. Is there a way to re-install this ?

• Jdubbs75
    Answer ✓
    Options

I dont know wth happened but i re-installed komplete kontrol in native access, went to task manager, eneded some microsoft edge browsers and voila everythings working again. NI you guys have some weird ass issues with your software. I have had to uninstall realtek drivers before to get my stuff working, as well as other steps.

• Greg Busby
    Greg Busby Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Problems with Native Access updates to Komplete Kontrol.

Radio silence from NI on this issue.

• Jdubbs75
    Options

Native instruments has some of the worst non existent customer service i think ive ever seen from a company before. Unless its a question in regards to purchasing something they have never answered any of my questions that i remember. I have komplete 14 ultimate but i dont think ill purchase anything from them again. Im the type that will refuse to purchase products from a company that doesn’t have customer service. Good luck dude. My advice is try a fresh re-install. It has fixed my issues in the past. Other than that i have spent countless hours trying to get things working and the only thing that seems to do the trick is re-installing. Good luck to you and i suggest you look at other options for music software. Besides playbox the rest of native instruments stuff coming out has been ****** and nothing new or spectacular. The new keyboards dont even have maschine control lol? Wth is the point of making gear that is supposed to be komplete no pun intended and cant fully integrate with software? Sorry ranting here. Seeing your post reminded me of the trouble i went through when i went through and was posting these issues. Take care