With Kontak7, do I still need to keep Kontak6?

Towjam
Towjam Member Posts: 26 Member

I'm still VERY new to NI and Komplete Kontrol so please be gentle...

I notice that after registering my S61, both Kontakt 6 and Kontakt 7 are showing up as available to download in Native Access. Do I need both versions or does Kontakt 7 include all of 6's functionality? (Logic is my DAW if that makes any difference.)

Apologies if this has been asked/answered previously but I didn't see anything applicable when I tried searching on this.

Thanks!

Best Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    Answer ✓

Hi. Kontakt 6 is for persons with old GPU (they see "black screen" instead of Kontakt 7). Just use Kontakt 7 if you can do it :)

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    Answer ✓

Kontakt 6 is simply the old version, while Kontakt 7 is the brand new one. Go with 7, as newer released Kontakt libraries only work with that version.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓

Hi. Kontakt 6 is for persons with old GPU (they see "black screen" instead of Kontakt 7). Just use Kontakt 7 if you can do it :)

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    Answer ✓

Kontakt 6 is simply the old version, while Kontakt 7 is the brand new one. Go with 7, as newer released Kontakt libraries only work with that version.

• Towjam
    Towjam Member Posts: 26 Member

Thanks to @Shakespeare and @Monochrome for the sanity check.

Ironically, within a few minutes of getting their answers, I stumble across some other threads that would've answered my question. I guess my ninja search skillz are getting rusty.

• [Deleted User]

@Towjam you're welcome!