Irish Harp/Hypha. "Loading Issue-Could not Load Plug-In"

Options
Bascomb
Bascomb Member Posts: 11 Member

Everything loads in Komplete Kontrol (Pro Tools on iMac) except Irish Harp and Hypha.

Have deleted both (Irish Harp/Hypha) and re-installed. Also re-installed Komplete Kontrol. Scanned for plug-ins. I can play sound from drop down instrument menu, but it won't load. I get an error message "Loading Issue- Could not Load Plug-In"

Tried many things (restarting Pro-Tools, computer etc.) Other instruments work fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Irish Harp and Hypha both require Kontakt 7 as a minimum.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    Options

Strange that it is happening with the 2 they gave away for free, but in very different times. Or you just installed also Hypha yesterday, pushed by the new one Irish?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,742 mod
    Options

You need to install Kontakt/Kontakt Player

• Bascomb
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I have installed Kontakt player. Strange that Irish Harp and Hypha loads in Komplete Kontrol on my MacBook Pro M1 but not on my iMac. Again all the other instruments except Irish Harp and Hypha load on Komplete Kontrol on my iMac. Possible that IOS 10.13.6 High Sierra is not suffiecient. But that would not allow all the other instruments to load.

• Kymeia
    Options

Best way to test is to see if you can load them first in Kontakt Player on your iMac - forget about Komplete Kontrol till you know you have them working in Kontakt first

• Bascomb
    Options

Thanks for the reply. When I open Kontakt Player in Pro Tools, no instruments are present. I'm not sure how to load them in just Kontakt. They all show up in Komplete. Thanks again for the reply.

• Kymeia
    Options

Well they are Kontakt instruments so they would show if the version of Kontakt player you are running was compatible with them, and then would also load in Komplete Kontrol. Given they are not can you tell us what version you have, it may indeed be connected to the OS you are on.

• Bascomb
    Options

Thanks again. So everything works on (all instruments played through Pro Tools) MacBook Pro 11.6 Big Sur. And I play it through Kontakt 7 player.

On iMac which is older (High Sierra OS 10.13.6 ) Kontakt 7 player seems to be not available; only Kontakt 5. So you may be right that the problem with Irish Harp andHypha is due to the older OS. All other instruments working except Irish Harp and Hypha.

Thanks again for all your help.

• Kymeia
    edited June 2023
    Options

Yes Kontakt 5 is the wrong version, and as I suspected that explains also why it won't load in Komplete Kontrol even though you can see the NKS presets and hear the previews as it needs a compatible version of Kontakt to actually load the instruments.

• Bascomb
    Options

Thanks again. Makes sense. I have Kontakt 6 and it still won't load Irish Harp. I imagine when I get a new iMac with a higher OS, it will not be an issue. Thanks Kymela for all your help.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Irish Harp and Hypha both require Kontakt 7 as a minimum.