I'm not getting playback from my loops section in Komplete Kontrol

the_real_Py
the_real_Py Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

Everything seems to work fine, but when I go to preview the sound I'd like to listen to, I'm not getting any playback of the loop, if there's a setting or something I might be missing? I'm very new to using Komplete Kontrol so if anyone could help or direct me to how I could listen to the playback of my loop section, it would be very appreciated thank you in advance cheers

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

For the Xpand2 thing, look into your plug-in folders for this xpand2 plug-in and delete it.

Macintosh HD - Library - Audio - Plug-Ins - VST

Macintosh HD - Library - Audio - Plug-Ins - VST3

Open Komplete Kontrol again, it should rescan.

Make sure to give Komplete Kontrol full disk access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,254 Expert

So…what you don’t get is the preview of the loops before loading them? Correct?

Does preview for the instruments work?

• the_real_Py

Yeah that's it exactly, and the preview of the loops worked fine before and now not at all, so I'd have to load the loop and hold down one of the keys to hear the loops instead of, being able to hear the preview

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,254 Expert

Firstly I would check in Native Access if Previews has some update (or if it’s even installed)

If it’s not the case, you can watch this video to see if it helps you

But before touching anything, control if for other instruments the preview is working (you didn’t answer to this, so I don’t know if it’s the case)

• the_real_Py

Thank you so much I'll definitely follow your advice and try this tonight, if it works out, I'll definitely let you know, if not I'll still respond back and thanks again I'll try, I didn't see anything in Native Access when I updated some drivers but I'll try it again and then I'll watch the video

• the_real_Py

LostInFoundation, I wasn't able to fully try that method on the video because I was missing some of the files, I believe because I couldn't access the db3 files mine never showed in my files,I tried re- uploading Komplete Kontrol and the libraries in Native Access, now I tried opening up Komplete Kontrol standalone so the files will regenerate themselves, but now I get an Xpand!2 pop up, I don't have Xpand!2 I never made an account so I press the quit button, then Komplete Kontrol opens but there is nothing in the libraries all the areas of content are blank so I'm stuck at this point so if you have any other suggestions they'd be much appreciated, but I'll keep looking as well for a remedy and I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner, and thanks in advance for any help

• Jeremy_NI

@the_real_Py You might want to try these steps: KOMPLETE KONTROL Crashes

• the_real_Py

Thank you Jeremy_NI, I'll look it up over the weekend I really hope it'll lead me to what I can do to regain sounds Cheers I'll keep you posted if it works out

• the_real_Py

Hey Jeremy_NI I went through the steps in KOMPLETE KONTROL Crashes and when I try opening Komplete Kontrol Stand alone by itself Xpand!2 opens up in the initial scan and pops up Try,Quit or Activate. I don't have an account for Xpand!2 so I click Quit and then Komplete Kontrol opens but all the banks are empty completely blank so that's what keeps happening so I'll keep trying and looking for options. Unless I'm missing something, but I really appreciate your help and absolutely open for more thanks in advance

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

For the Xpand2 thing, look into your plug-in folders for this xpand2 plug-in and delete it.

Macintosh HD - Library - Audio - Plug-Ins - VST

Macintosh HD - Library - Audio - Plug-Ins - VST3

Open Komplete Kontrol again, it should rescan.

Make sure to give Komplete Kontrol full disk access: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

• the_real_Py

Wow totally worked, so appreciate you, now I need to figure why I'm getting no playback in the previews loops and samples library, maybe reinstalling the previews will fix it I'll let you know if it works, and once again much thanks

• Jeremy_NI
    edited July 2023

@the_real_Py Did you give full disk access to Komplete Kontrol? Also make sure that the little speaker icon is high-lighted and not greyed out.

• Jeremy_NI

@the_real_Py Any luck with getting these previews back?