Kontakt Instrument Preset list not working

Options
dalemccl
dalemccl Member Posts: 9 Newcomer

New to Kontact here as a result of just purchasing Komplete 14 Standard.

When an instrument is loaded in Kontact 7, there is a place at the top that shows the current preset for the instrument. Left and right arrows to the right of the preset name allow changing to a different preset. In addition, there is a down arrow to the left of the preset name that, as I understand it, should pop up a list of presets.

In my installation, I can change presets with the left and right arrows, but clicking the down arrow only results in a tiny, what appears to be the top of a list, but is black. Two images are attached. One before clicking the down arrow, and one after clicking, which shows the problem. This happens with all instruments. It happens in the Kontakt stand-alone and in the DAW plug-in.

This is with Windows 10 Professional. Seems like a possible video display problem. But I have the latest NVidia driver for my 2060 Super.

Has anyone here ever encountered this and found a solution? Thanks.

Before clicking down arrow:

After clicking down arrow:

Best Answer

• dalemccl
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks! That helped. Initially, I still didn't get a list of presets when clicking the camera, then the down arrow. But I discovered that it seems to depend on the instrument. In the screen shots I showed before, I had "Factory Selection 2", "Acoustic Fingered 12-String" loaded and it said "No snapshot loaded" in the interface location where your screenshot showed "Misty Sky Hit". Clicking on the down arrow didn't do anything.

But when I loaded a different instrument, "Session Guitarist Picked Acoustic", clicking the down arrow did bring up a list of presets. So it must depend on the instrument and whether presets exist for it.

I'm unclear about the term "snapshot" in Kontakt. In the context of Kontakt, are the terms "snapshot" and "preset" synonymous?

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

You have to push the camera button and instead of “Output, Midi Channel,…” another tab with a down arrow will appear. THERE you can open the presets list

• dalemccl
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks! That helped. Initially, I still didn't get a list of presets when clicking the camera, then the down arrow. But I discovered that it seems to depend on the instrument. In the screen shots I showed before, I had "Factory Selection 2", "Acoustic Fingered 12-String" loaded and it said "No snapshot loaded" in the interface location where your screenshot showed "Misty Sky Hit". Clicking on the down arrow didn't do anything.

But when I loaded a different instrument, "Session Guitarist Picked Acoustic", clicking the down arrow did bring up a list of presets. So it must depend on the instrument and whether presets exist for it.

I'm unclear about the term "snapshot" in Kontakt. In the context of Kontakt, are the terms "snapshot" and "preset" synonymous?