Just updated to Komplete 14 and now the windows load like this.

kpike1965
kpike1965 Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

I am unable to resize or use any of the functions. Everything always loaded fine before the upgrade and nothing has changed on my PC. Thanks for the help!

Best Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,596 Expert
    Answer ✓

Seems this is similar to an issue I posted where the whole GUI of many plugins within KK in Ableton Live on the VST3 version do not display. This was logged and confirmed end of last year and KK VST2 has no such issues, NI basically said to me they are not actively working on this problem at the moment which is always great to hear.

So wouldn't get your hopes up for a fix any time soon / ever.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,686 mod
    Answer ✓

Updating this thread. There are a couple of filed bugs regarding Komplete Kontrol graphics and Ableton (and other DAWs): KBDSW-7495 and KBDW-7103. No fix or date for a fix yet.

Answers

• JesterMgee

What is the version of Komplete Kontrol within Ableton (select the about option)?

Also, are you laoding the VST2 or VST3 KK instance?

• kpike1965
    edited June 2023

@JesterMgee Komplete Kontrol is 2.9.3 and I only have the VST3 in Ableton

• Bruno_NI
    Bruno_NI Product Team Posts: 5 mod

I just tried on Windows 11 with Kontakt 6 and 7 and both are fine for me in Live 11.2.6.

On which OS are you and which Kontakt are you using?

Here's the Kontakt 7 spec: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-7/specifications/

Are you fulflling those ?

• kpike1965

@Bruno it is happening with komplete kontrol in general. I am not on windows 11 or Live 11 but my PC does meet those requirements

• Jeremy_NI

Do you have a high dpi monitor? Have you tried disabling hi dpi support in Ableton? https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209775985-High-DPI-monitor-support

• kpike1965

@Jeremy_NI I do not have a dpi monitor, I played with those setting just to see and still same issue. It is only happening with komplete kontrol, if I load any other NI vst in ableton they load fine, like massive x, guitar rig ect.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited June 2023

Does Kontakt load normally in Ableton? Does Komplete Kontrol load normally in standalone? What are your Windows display settings?

• kpike1965

@Jeremy_NI Yup Kontakt loads normally in Ableton along with all the other NI instruments except Komplete Kontrol. Komplete Kontrol loads normally in stand alone mode as well.

• Jeremy_NI

What's your graphic card? Can you check if there are any available updates for it?

• JesterMgee

Have you tried updating to the latest 2.9.4 to see if that helps, possibly not but worth a shot?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,738 mod
    edited June 2023

Did you install using Native Access version 1 or 2? If 1 I would suggest reinstalling using v2

• kpike1965

@Jeremy_NI using on board graphics no graphics card

@JesterMgee updated to 2.9.4 still happening

@Kymeia I updated to NI 2 and reinstalled it still same issue.

It's not ideal but at this point I may just use the keyboard screen I have, the VST still works for the most part

• JesterMgee
    Answer ✓

Seems this is similar to an issue I posted where the whole GUI of many plugins within KK in Ableton Live on the VST3 version do not display. This was logged and confirmed end of last year and KK VST2 has no such issues, NI basically said to me they are not actively working on this problem at the moment which is always great to hear.

So wouldn't get your hopes up for a fix any time soon / ever.

• Jeremy_NI

@JesterMgee Correct me if I'm wrong but the issue you reported was for third party plug-ins, right? Here in the screenshots, it shows a Kontakt library, I'm afraid it could be a different issue.

• Jeremy_NI

@kpike1965 Any computer has a graphic card. You can find out what graphics card you have from the Windows Device Manager. In your PC's Start menu, type "Device Manager," and press Enter to launch the Control Panel. Click the drop-down arrow next to Display adapters, and it should list your GPU right there.