How do I get Scarbee EP 88S to work in Kontakt 7?

Options
Rod Kennedy
Rod Kennedy Member Posts: 14 Member

I’m new to this. Brand new Intel Core 7i laptop with 512 GB memory and 8GB RAM. Rigi2 midi interface with Roland F100 digital piano (Quite old but it works and I’m not made of money).

Dowloaded new Pianoteq iOS to iPad yesterday and it worked beautifully. Installed Kontakt 7 yesterday with much pain. Using it standalone. Cannot get Piano Noire or Scarbee EP 88S to work properly (Scarbee hardly at all) Anyone available to answer specific questions?

My main Kontakt screen does not look like what I see on YouTube with coloured things down left hand side and other things look different too.

Would rather not have to spend any more money and feel like asking for refund at present. I want to make music, not become a computer scientist.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Rod Kennedy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Griswold3

I eventually got things sorted with assistance from Mr Scarbee himself 😀. My new problem is trying to get the Matrix Expansion plug-in to work - it’s downloaded but I don’t know how to get it loaded properly into EP Classic 🥴

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    Options

With “colored things down left” do you mean on the keyboard?

• Rod Kennedy
    Options

I’ve found them now - it’s the libraries shown in Kontakt player! I hadn’t opened this before as I thought you did everything in Kontakt 7. It’s all very confusing when you’re a novice. I’m finding that the guidance in the manuals and on YouTube is for people who already have some experience.

• Rod Kennedy
    Options

Here’s what I get when I open an instrument in Scarbee EP 88S (sideways on 🤓)

• Rod Kennedy
    Options

I don’t know how to uninstall and reload

• Rod Kennedy
    Options

I’ve got somewhere with Noire. When loading a different instrument I’m getting a distorted sound but if I then open and close settings it goes away - found out by accident. But what’s causing this?

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,309 Expert
    Options
  • Griswold3
    Griswold3 Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Looks like your Scarbee plugin is not activated/ registered. It says DEMO and that’s why you’re seeing that crazy screen

You can run Native Access and register it there. Then run Kontakt again to open your plug-ins.

It’s a bit of a learning curve but well worth it. The EP88 and Noire are 2 of my favorite plug-ins.

Feel free to reach out for any help.

• Rod Kennedy
    Options

Hi Griswold3 -

I’ve been working some more on this. I deleted the library and downloaded/installed again and I got a “successfully registered” in Native access. This got me the Scarbee image in the library (before I had a generic folder image) but I’m still getting a scrambled screen when opening. And when I click on an instrument I get a few seconds of demo. No idea why it’s showing demo screen.

• Rod Kennedy
    Options

I think where I went wrong was purchasing direct from Scarbee - should I have gone for Vintage keys in Kontakt? Is this the updated EPS?

• Rod Kennedy
    Options

I’ve installed Scarbee Mark 1 with no problem through Kontakt

• Rod Kennedy
    Options

It’s a minefield for us novices (especially us older guys :-))

• Griswold3
    Options

I’m pretty sure I bought mine directly from Scarbee years ago. They are top notch and I don’t think that’s the problem.

What version of Kontakt are you using? Click on the upper left corner of Kontakt to find out.

Also check the Plugin/ library paths. These are the locations where the Kontakt libraries get installed. You can check that you VSTs (DLL files) are actually installed there. Are you using Windows? If on a Mac there are different driver file types installed.

Don’t give up! These exercises in learning new things keeps up young!

Who am I kidding? I have a gig starting at 10 tonight and I’m thinking that’s too late😉

• Rod Kennedy
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Griswold3

I eventually got things sorted with assistance from Mr Scarbee himself 😀. My new problem is trying to get the Matrix Expansion plug-in to work - it’s downloaded but I don’t know how to get it loaded properly into EP Classic 🥴

• Rod Kennedy
    Options

P.S. I’ve looked at the manual!

• Griswold3
    Options

OMG please No looking at the manual! What has this world come to?😉 Seriously I’ve had that expansion for years and didn’t even know it had a manual!

Were you able to get everything working properly?