Audio Demos

Options
maax555
maax555 Member Posts: 20 Member

Hi, is it possible to down load the midi files for the audio demos used in N.I's demo's? I think it would be a great way of learning how to get the most from that particular instrument.

I am just about to purchase Komplete Ultimate and would pay a little extra for the demos in midi format.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

To answer the initial question @maax555 We don't provide the audio demos midi files or project files.

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

With audio demos you mean the ones on the site? Because probably they are realized in some DAW and sometimes it’s not that easy to export the whole work. As far as it is for midi notes it’s not a problem, but things like automations and all the bells and whistles are not always that easy to automatically export. Unless they are all made with Maschine (which I doubt) and in this case you could open them in it (but users without Maschine will be “penalized “)

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,360 mod
    Options

Audio and Midi are two very different worlds. Audio demos are audio (sound) while Midi is information.

So the phrase "to download the midi files for the audio demos" makes no sense. Can you be more specific?

...and this note for my Lost friend: "they are realized in some DAW" also makes no sense... 🙄

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Options

Yes, he wants only the controller data. But I think it's bundled in a projekt file of a daw.

• maax555
    Options

Obviously the audio demos are the performance of the VST instrument that N.I are selling, recorded in an “audio” format so we may listen to the very often superb quality and capabilities of the VST. As these are VST instruments they have been performed using MIDI gear such a a MIDI keyboard. So the data is originally in MIDI format or as Paulette says projekt format. Actually the projekt files would be equally welcome. The reason I would like this is, I’m not particularly talented on keys so would love the files to be able to see how some of the excellent demos are put together. Hope this makes a little more sense.

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023
    Options

In facts…being the demo made with NI software instruments they all were produced by using midi. As you use midi when you use any of their programs. Don’t you use a DAW when you record a melody with, e.g., Noire, or Session Strings?

The fact if they kept the midi used or not it’s another debate. But both of the 2 things we said make perfectly sense

This is an audio demo

And this is its midi track from which it has been played

As you can see, they do exist, and make sense

• Sunborn
    Options

Oh please! What makes no sense is the way that this phrase was expressed. In the studios, the audio world has a specific terminology, so if you want to be understood, learn that terminology and use it.

Paule wrote "he wants only the controller data" and i instantly understood the case! Nice and easy, in 5 words, not endless blah-blah...

...and then, the second phrase, what you wrote (it is still there!): "they are realized in some DAW" which is another wrong expression. Obviously what you wanted to wrote is "they are released in some DAW".

So, do not say to me "both of the 2 things we said make perfectly sense" because they are not! It is more honest to admit your mistake and edit your post, instead of playing the smart *ss once more...

Cheers! 😊

• Sunborn
    Options

Yes this time you make absolute sense. Nicely written, so we can fully understand the case, instead of guessing what you might mean. :-)

• maax555
    Options

My apologies, I overestimated the level of intelligence in this forum. I assumed as I am a complete amateur I would be the dumbest. Oops. I'm pretty sure there are other forums for those whose just want to pick holes in genuine queries. I've not posted in N.I. forums very often, perhaps I won't again if this is the level of support from fellow music lovers. Really no need for your retort, however If you have any constructive positive genuine advice I would be happy to hear from you.

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023
    Options

I understood you without a problem.

Don’t worry about him, let the English teacher there just insult me another time and correct what I “obviously wanted to wrote” when I wrote exactly what I wanted to write.

That’s the way he has fun

We 2 dumb and stupid people will continue to realize (ops sorry… I should say release) our not existing midi tracks (which are not realizable), not learning anything, making endless blah-blah and playing the smart *ss

But hey…he puts a smiling emoji at the end of his posts…and edit posts in other threads to say that insulting someone is “Not an "accusation" just making a point here... :-)”…

And then he comes in other threads even making compliments for my job. And me stupid thinking “ok, he insulted me…it can happen… but in the end we can have a conversation with this guy”… just to be insulted again a few hours later…bipolarity?

But…”his type however, is to respect”…by insulting people…

Wow…some forum people are really hard to understand…

Btw: did you ask his consensus to see if with what you wrote in your last post you make absolute sense? Otherwise I’m answering you without the right of having understood you… I would never contradict the “ius primae comprehensio” of the Summo Censorio…

And @Paule … be careful…if you understood the OP too, you could be dumb like us…maybe it’s contagious…

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,132 Expert
    edited June 2023
    Options

If you indeed mean those Audio Demos on product pages, then there's likely little to no chance to get your hands on them in any way. These are specifically made by other (sadly unnamed) artists for NI.

• Sunborn
    Options

You are really a master of twisting everything and present the black as white, a true "politician" and maybe most annoying person I've saw since years in the forums. And a pretender too, unable to accept the truth or his mistakes. But i have the solution, so we can stop annoying the other people on the forum. Will add you in my ignore list so i won't see you anymore. I suggest you do the same! 😠

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023
    Options

AlleluJah!

A guy calling me repeatedly “smart *ss” but saying he is not making accusations and that he is for respect, correcting me with what I “obviously wanted to say” because he decides I have to say what he wants and editing his posts to appear less insulting but telling I AM the one twisting everything is putting me in ignore…

AlleluJah!

Best solution ever, since my only guilt was that I “pissed him” because I help many people and he was so disturbed by how much I write. This way, he doesn’t see me and he will not be pissed off. And no, i won’t put him in ignore cause I never had any problem in reading his answers until he started insulting me. I had some occasion in which I even learnt something from him (when he was correct), so I’ll continue reading his help, being relieved knowing my so wrong behavior can’t piss him anymore, since he can’t read me anymore. Or do you think I MUST obey to what he is telling me I HAVE TO DO one more time?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

To answer the initial question @maax555 We don't provide the audio demos midi files or project files.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Sunborn and @LostInFoundation let's be a bit more mindful and respectful, shall we?

• LostInFoundation
    edited June 2023
    Options

Ok no problem. It’s only I don’t like to be repeatedly called “smart *ss” for no reason

Funny thing is HE insults me and I get flagged…and I even know by whom…