Crossgrade Kontakt 7 purchase didn’t work?…

Options
Charles S
Charles S Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

When purchasing Kontakt 7, the website said I was eligible for ‘crossgrade’ prices due to having already purchased other instruments from the sight.

But I haven’t been given a serial number or any option on native access to download or use Kontakt 7 full. Upon looking at the FAQ page is says that ‘serial number I have been given may not work if it requires underlying programs to already be in place.’ So it sounds like it has sent me a bundle of ‘.Nki’ instruments that work in kontakt 7 without sending me Kontakt 7 (full) itself.

I have left two tickets with the help desk and heard nothing for 3 days.

any suggestions guys?

Best Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Didn’t you receive an email after K7 purchase?

About the tickets: they are slowed down these days, so 3 days means nothing (think more in the order of 3 weeks…)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Charles S Everything seems to be legit on your account. If you had Kontakt 7 Player installed before you will need to reinstall it in Native Access. This will change the flavor from Player to Full version.

Did that work out?

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,292 Expert
    Answer ✓
    Options

Didn’t you receive an email after K7 purchase?

About the tickets: they are slowed down these days, so 3 days means nothing (think more in the order of 3 weeks…)

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Charles S Everything seems to be legit on your account. If you had Kontakt 7 Player installed before you will need to reinstall it in Native Access. This will change the flavor from Player to Full version.

Did that work out?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@LostInFoundation Reply times depend on issues, for installation it's still around 3 days at the moment. Keep in mind we're in the middle of a sales special.

• E_Sync
    E_Sync Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    Options

I just purchased the crossgrade of Kontakt 7 and I have the exact same issue. I made the purchase after identifying that I only have the "Free" version and in Kontak 7 in the top left it was saying "Kontak Player" without any green rectangle. I purchased the crossgrade after even reading what the definition of "crossgrade" means according to how it is explained by NI. In this explanation it clearly makes it seem as "crossgrade" is the correct option to choose when trying to purchase the "FULL" version of Kontakt 7 when the free version is already owned and installed. It also states that when the "FULL" version is installed you will see in the upper left corner it no longer say "Kontak Player" But it should just say "Kontakt and have a green rectangle around it. This as explained was the proof of difference between the Free and Full versions in what I have read. In the Stand Alone Kontackt PLayer, I'm only seeing the word Kontak without the word Player next to it, but NO green rectangle. and inside of Ableton it still looks just like the free version. First of all all of the above details are confusing and frustrating to have to deal with and I'm still not sure I have the "FULL" version. Although like this person mention ed above I got all the bundle items, (which I wasn't even concerned about at first, although they might be a nice addition...) If an admin see's this can you please reply TY I will also be contacting customer support...

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@E_Sync I'm not sure to understand the issue fully, my colleagues will be able to help.