Session Horns doesn't save velocity curve (KKI-1363)

Options
rescu
rescu Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited March 14 in Kontakt

Hey there!

I have a problem with Session Horns that's been bothering me for a while now. When I change the velocity curve in the Dynamic Control section Kontakt doesn't save the selected velocity curve when I reload the project (and saved the project obviously).

When I reload the project, everything is saved and it even shows the correct velocity curve as selected, but the playback uses the standard linear curve, meaning I have to manually open every Kontakt player which used Session Horns and click on the velocity curve again to fix the problem.

Anyone experiencing the same issue? Is there a solution for this?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,688 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Rotomot Thanks for the additional information, this will be super helpful, I'll add this to the ticket and our support agents will try a repro and file a bug when reproed.

Answers

• AudioHawk
    AudioHawk Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Hmmm... I am not sure, but I believe Smart Voice Switch overrides the dynamic controls. OR is it that those elements are available in Session Horns Pro, but not in Session Horns? I seem to remember running into both issues in the past.

Check to see if turning off Smart Voice Switch in the upper right of the Session Horns window makes a difference.

But, I think we need an answer from NI. Or at least someone better attuned to the software than me.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@rescu What is your operating system? What DAW are you using?

• rescu
    Options

Windows 11 and I use FL Studio 21

I can't seem to be able to turn off the Voicing Assistant completely, I can only choose between different variants

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@rescu Are you stll struggling with this function of Session Horns?

• rescu
    Options
  • Jeremy_NI
    Options

@rescu I've contacted you by email regarding this issue, my colleagues will need to have a look.

• Rotomot
    Rotomot Member Posts: 36 Helper
    Options

I was able to reproduce this bug easily in Ableton Live 11 on Windows 10.

Tested Kontakt 7.5.1 and Kontakt 6.7.1.

Both versions have the same velocity curve bug in Session Horns.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Rotomot Thanks for the additional information, this will be super helpful, I'll add this to the ticket and our support agents will try a repro and file a bug when reproed.

• WolframTone
    WolframTone Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

@Jeremy_NI was this ever filed as a bug and is there an ETA for a fix? It's super-annoying - I need to make a manual note on all projects where I use Session Horns and manually go through and change each instance every time I open the project...

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@WolframTone YEs, this bug is filed under the refernce KKI-1363. There is no fix planned at the moment.