Free space request for Kontakt 14 Ultimate Collectors Edition upgrade

Options
J Varga
J Varga Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have a basic technical question. I have currently a Kontakt 13 CE on an SSD of 2 TB capacity with 400 GB free space and I have 95 GB free space on the computer. Can I run the Kontakt CE 14 upgrade without temporarily running out of SSD or computer free disk space? Thank a lot

Best Answer

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,353 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

According to NI you will need 10 GB free disk space for minimum installation and 260 GB for complete installation (all instruments with their full libraries).

So, also because an upgrade will remove the old programs (so you will gain more space), i think you are ok.

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,353 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

According to NI you will need 10 GB free disk space for minimum installation and 260 GB for complete installation (all instruments with their full libraries).

So, also because an upgrade will remove the old programs (so you will gain more space), i think you are ok.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,286 Expert
    Options

Since you have many of the instruments already installed (owning 13 CE) only some of them remain to install.

But it depends on which disk you set up for downloading and installations in NA, because some of the new libraries are really biiiig in terms of space (only Choir:omnia i.e. requires 70 giga).

So my suggestion would be to chose the ssd also as the download path and to install the libraries one by one and not with Install all. Even because it seems that in these days installation or downloading failures are quite common with NA (better to have it under control than expecting to leave it working over night and in the morning finding everything done)

• J Varga
    J Varga Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks guys, appreciated!