Maschine Software: More flexible on working windows surface - resizeable

Xavier
Xavier Member Posts: 11 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Hi, I'd love to see/have more flexibility when it comes to the window (re)sizing. Especially the separator between the single instruments and midi/song section should be made flexible (see screenshot)

I marked it as a red line. Since this part cannot be moved or adjusted, quite often my names for the instruments are cut somehow and sometimes when they just differ by one letter in the name then it's quite often not possible to differ them without a closer research.

I have a big monitor and could easily have some more space for the names. Please have this in mind for future updates.

Thank you

Comments

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

Definitely. I often have this problem too of not being able to see the full names.

An option should be present so that the area automatically expands according to the length of the name, at least to some extent.

Another thing that would be nice would be to automatically extend (vertically) the window of the arranger as you add groups.

Overall the ergonomics of the software really needs to be improved

• Xavier
    Xavier Member Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2022

or if you hoover over, the full name should be appear at least. If I hoover over with the mouse, sometimes when the two button symbols then disappear, I can somehow identify it.

Yes I know, that there are several ways to see somewhere the full name even in the Maschine hardware or when I open the VST plugin it will be shown. But that are additional things to do and hinder the workflow

A flexible separator (compare to DAWs or video software) in a certain ways where it's possible and can be necessary is normally now state of the art and should be in, so everybody can adjust to his personal belongings.

• Msgman69
    Msgman69 Member Posts: 2 Member

Why isn't the Komplete Kontrol box sizable? I've never seen any piece of software that would expand, they have it locked to a fixed size. This is really frustrating when you have to search for something. Please fix this.

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 292 Pro

A complete overhaul of the Machine GUI has been needed for eons. NI are more than well aware of this and have a graveyard crammed full of commendable ignored feature requests like this one that they probably spend more time tending than they do actually doing useful development.

A couple of years ago NI apologized for their behaviour and admitted they had let their customers down but were working to change this and for a brief period it actually seemed they were. Cut to now, and it's worse than ever, except now they don't apologize or communicate, they just appear to have no regard for their customers at all.