Logic 10.5.1 and Kontakt 7 PLAYER

csrote
csrote Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

New user of Kontact 7 Player. No sound from the Factory Selection Classic Bass.

This is a MIDI track in a Project with many other working MIDI and Audio tracks, including the Logic Liverpool Bass. Using MIDI data from Liverpool Bass track to attempt to trigger Classic Bass but Classic Bass is not getting triggered.

Reassign Track appears OK as I had no trouble selecting NI Kontakt Classic Bass.

I enabled Full Disk Access for Kontakt and Native Access, rebooted, but still no sound.

Channel strips for Liverpool Bass and Classic Bass identical except for FX on Liverpool.

Standalone Kontakt 7 Player also no sound with Classic Bass. Using the keyboard at bottom of Classic Bass appears to produce MIDI which triggers the output meters and produces a MIDI Ch: reading on Classic Bass UI. Same as when in Logic. But NO SOUND!

Have not tried any other sounds in standalone mode.

Many thanks for help in getting this working!

Best Answers

• csrote
    Answer ✓

Got the Standalone Kontakt Classic Bass triggering from the Kawai ES8 keyboard.

All it took was a reboot and examination of the Classic Bass MIDI inputs & outputs.

Please recall that this is my first time using Kontakt!

However, I would be most grateful if you could answer my questions about the lack of a MIDI window in Mac Audio-MIDI Utility. I am running Mac OS 10.15.7.

Thnx!

• csrote
    Answer ✓

Solved! I had to create a NEW track in Logic to see the newly added Irish Harp.

Sorry to use your time like this.

I am getting back into music after a long hiatus.

Was a heavy Logic user and am now relearning Logic and learning Kontakt for the first time.

Thnx!

Answers

• csrote
    • For software instrument tracks: Choose An Instrument Plug-in.
    • When Show Advanced Tools is selected in the Advanced preferences pane, the Input pop-up menu is not available for software instrument tracks.
    • I have Show Advanced Tools checked.

Is this relevant to my problem?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

@csrote IT might just be something to do with MIDI channels, this article should be helpful: Configuring your MIDI Keyboard / Controller in KONTAKT

• csrote

To reiterate: Testing Kontakt 7 Player in Standalone mode, not as Logic plugin. Running Logic 10.5 on Mac OS 10.15.7

The article was helpful in that I can now trigger the Classic Bass using its own keyboard. I cannot trigger it using my external MIDI keyboard.

The MIDI Monitor tool shows my external keyboard (Kawai ES8) is OK. Local is off. But it does not trigger the Kontakt Classic Bass.

There are many references to the Mac Audio-MIDI Utility. I am running Mac OS 10.15.7.

My version of the Audio-MIDI Utility does not have a Window option and does not show anything to do with MIDI. It only shows Audio devices. Correctly shows my Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK Mixing Desk when attached via USB.

Is there something wrong with my Audio-MIDI Utility?

I would be happy configuring MIDI devices but there are none to configure.

I guess my question might be why are the Classic Bass and the Kawai ES8 not showing up as MIDI devices?

Thank you for your guidance!

• csrote
    Answer ✓

Got the Standalone Kontakt Classic Bass triggering from the Kawai ES8 keyboard.

All it took was a reboot and examination of the Classic Bass MIDI inputs & outputs.

Please recall that this is my first time using Kontakt!

However, I would be most grateful if you could answer my questions about the lack of a MIDI window in Mac Audio-MIDI Utility. I am running Mac OS 10.15.7.

Thnx!

• Jeremy_NI

@csrote Thanks for the update. For your Audio & MIDI setup utility, you should be able to show the MIDI devices here:

• csrote

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you very much for your help. I have solved the above issues. Now, several more questions!

I have installed the very charming Irish Harp. It appears in the Standalone Kontakt Player 7. However, even after rebooting, it does not appear in the Kontakt 7 Player Plugin I am using in Logic. I would like to use it in Logic. How to do this?

In the unlikely event that I were to use the Standalone, I could not determine how to route its output away from the internal MacBookPro output and to the Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK. The Plugin version of Kontakt 7 Player is going to the 12 MTK without any config needed.

Thank you!

• Jeremy_NI

Can you check what version of Kontakt 7 is opening in Logic by clicking on the NI logo? Is it the same as the standalone version?

For the Kontakt standalone multi output you would need to select the Soundcraft 12 MTK as output device.

• csrote
    Answer ✓

Solved! I had to create a NEW track in Logic to see the newly added Irish Harp.

Sorry to use your time like this.

I am getting back into music after a long hiatus.

Was a heavy Logic user and am now relearning Logic and learning Kontakt for the first time.

Thnx!