Kontakt 7

Options
Stashhuc
Stashhuc Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Been using kontakt 6 inside Komplete control. Upgrades to Kontakt 7 but I dont get the opption to place it inside komplete control for my S88 keys using Protools

Best Answer

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,291 Expert
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You don’t have to load Kontakt in KK. NKS instruments are directly listed in KK browser. You chose one and load it. Kontakt’s loading is automatic

You need to load firstly Kontakt only for non NKS libraries (which in any case don’t use s88 functionalities). Is just one more step

Answers

• LostInFoundation
    Options

You don’t have to place it inside anything. Once installed it will be there.

The Only thing you could do if you want is to activate in preferences the option “Always Use Latest Version of NI Plug-ins” (but this is causing some issues too)

• Stashhuc
    Stashhuc Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Yes I know this but to get the benefits from complete control and use it’s functions with S88 to control DAW the work around is launching KC then running Kontakt insde KC instruments/NI/Kontakt VST then View/browser. Long way round. But it works.

• LostInFoundation
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You don’t have to load Kontakt in KK. NKS instruments are directly listed in KK browser. You chose one and load it. Kontakt’s loading is automatic

You need to load firstly Kontakt only for non NKS libraries (which in any case don’t use s88 functionalities). Is just one more step