Playbox - can you export a sample or a sound for use on a full keyboard in DAW?

Options
tashley
tashley Member Posts: 25 Member
edited June 2023 in Kontakt

I am in love with playbox - and I have finally discovered how to recreate the lead synth from Shine On You Crazy Diamond - but to get it to sound like I want I have had to set each vertical rack in the Chords section to just one note, rather than to a chord.

Which means that when I play it in my DAW I get just seven notes (because the C at the start is the same octave as the C at the end).

I'd love to be able to export this sample and use it across my entire keyboard, not as a chord but as a note.

Anyone have any idea how this could be done? Or if the underlying sample itself can be found (I have searched my hard drive to no avail) and re-purposed?

TIA!!!

Tagged:

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,358 mod
    edited May 2023
    Options

I don't have Playbox, so i don't know it's options, but an easy way to do this, is to record it, then export as .wav, .aif, etc. and re-import it on any sampler.

• tashley
    tashley Member Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Thanks Sunborn,

Playbox is really really good! I'm sure there's some form of trial deal?

I had thought of doing what you suggest but the trouble is likely to be that the voice won't scale up and down in pitch well with the effects included as part of the sample, so I guess I'd just have to turn them off before recording and try to recreate them at playback.

• Sunborn
    Options

I checked Playbox and i saw it is actually a Kontakt instrument, right?

As far as i know, in Kontakt you can edit the sample maps so i guess it is just a matter of experimentation to find out how to make it sound as a single note instead of a chord.

Sorry that i can't help you more on this. :-)

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,289 Expert
    edited May 2023
    Options

It’s not 100% correct.

In Kontakt you can’t edit NI instruments in the same way you can edit your own built instrument.

They limit the editable things exactly to avoid users to be able to use their content to build something that is not under their control anymore

• Sunborn
    Options

Didn't knew that. It sucks... thankfully, there are other great samplers too, were you can do what you want. Personally i am fine with Cubase integrated sampler, since i prefer to create my own samples.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,289 Expert
    Options

I was not trying to denigrate Kontakt. It is a wonderful sampler. And if you record the sample’s audio and then import it to build a fresh new user instrument, you can edit it with all its functionalities. Just saying it is not as easy as going in a prebuilt NI instrument and modifying a couple of things